REsurety is a mission-driven and venture-backed organization focused on solving the challenge of resource intermittency for renewable energy. We work in partnership with some of the world’s leading energy and risk market players to enable renewable energy buyers and sellers to understand and manage the fuel risk of the future: the weather. Having supported over 5,000 MW of renewable energy transactions to date, we are a small team with a big impact! Our culture is open and collaborative. We expect excellence from our team members and reward it with high ownership and flexibility. If you’re a high-achiever with a passion for clean energy, then we look forward to receiving your application.
As a Wind Energy Research Scientist, you will research and validate methods in wind resource assessment, including new techniques for wind flow and wake modeling and long-term wind resource prediction.
- Investigate and validate new wind resource assessment techniques
- Improve upon and/or replace REsurety’s existing measure-correlate-predict techniques
- Use operational and modeled data to reconcile wind project performance
- Integrate your research with REsurety’s engineering team to productize results
- Degree in meteorology, environmental science, or a related field
- B.S. + 4 years of industry experience or M.S./Ph. D.
- Familiarity with wind resource assessment concepts and methodologies
- Proficiency in Python, R, or MATLAB
- Proven ability to conduct independent, commercially relevant research
- Experience with wind flow & wake modeling software (e.g., WAsP)
- Familiarity with numerical weather prediction techniques
- Background in statistics and machine learning
- Location: Boston, MA
- Minimal travel required
- Unlimited Vacation Policy
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Blue Bikes Gold Membership
REsurety, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.