Quality Engineering Manager
REsurety is a mission-driven organization solving the challenge of resource intermittency for renewable energy. We work in partnership with the world’s leading energy and risk management providers to enable renewable energy consumers and producers to manage the fuel risk of the future: the weather. As a high-growth, profitable company that has already supported over 5,000 MW of clean energy transactions, we are a small team making a big impact! Our culture is open and collaborative. We expect excellence from our team members and reward it with high ownership and flexibility. If you’re a high-achiever with a passion for clean energy, then we look forward to receiving your application.
The Quality Engineering Manager will lead a quality assurance team of 2+ engineers while playing a hands-on role to support and maintain the verification and validation processes for the REsurety software suite. This will ensure unwavering accuracy of our results, which accelerate the development of renewable energy worldwide.
- Lead and manage the quality assurance engineering team
- Provide day-to-day mentorship and coaching for quality engineers on how to work effectively and efficiently with their project teams, while providing hands on help
- Provide ongoing coaching including setting goals and objectives, writing reviews and holding weekly one-on-one meetings.
- Develop and drive strategies and implementation of Software Quality Engineering best practices
- Test new software features for quality and accuracy before they enter production, identify root causes of issues, and stress-test for unusual conditions
- Validate input and output datasets across the spectrum of power, weather and risk metrics
- Develop, maintain and monitor automated unit tests, regression tests, evaluation metrics and holistic verification frameworks, taking action when issues arise
- Investigate live
- quality issues in active customer quoting and settlement operations
- Advocate for quality needs throughout the software lifecycle, including requirements gathering development
- Identify sources of technical debt, reducing and mitigating its accumulation
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science or engineering, or a related field in the sciences
- 3 - 5 years of people management experience managing Software or Quality Engineering teams
- Professional experience with software quality processes and DevOps, including testing frameworks
- Experience in scientific computing and statistical analysis, with R (preferred), Matlab, Python, or similar
- Proven results with R’s package development, S3/RC object oriented programming, Roxygen documentation, testthat unit testing, and data.table frameworks
- Experience with agile development methodologies and operational tools such as bug tracking, source control and continuous integration
- Experience with SQL database systems, particularly in monitoring and addressing data quality
- Attention to detail and a devious mind capable of surfacing deep bugs
- Unlimited Vacation Policy
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Blue Bikes Gold Membership
REsurety, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.