About Restless Bandit
Restless Bandit is a well-funded San Francisco startup focused on helping companies identify and retain the best people in the exploding 'war-for-talent' space. This is an exciting, near ground floor opportunity with a group of people with extensive experience in HR tech. Our founders were executives at Bright, an HR tech company acquired in 2014 by LinkedIn for $130M. Our data scientists and engineers come from Bright, LinkedIn, and Google, and have extensive experience applying big-data methods to the hiring domain.
As a Front-End Software Engineer, you will collaborate with designers, and the engineering team to develop and maintain Restless Bandit products. You will build reusable, well-tested UI components, and help craft a great experience for our users. You will follow best practices in all aspects of your work, and advocate for process and technological improvements wherever possible. Your contributions will directly impact customers, our team, and our business.
We're excited to talk to you if:
- You have several years of experience with modern front-end technologies and practices (some things we currently use are React, Node and GraphQL), working in teams shipping production-quality applications
- You can contribute at an architectural level, and explain the pros and cons of different design patterns
- You have excellent visual design sensibilities, and are thoughtful about the end user experience - you take pride in the little details
- Testing is a valuable tool in your workflow - you see it as a priority, not an afterthought
- You write clear, readable code
- You're intellectually curious - you love keeping up to date with the cutting edge of your field, and have a track record of learning new things
- You have strong opinions, but keep an open-mind when you hear opinions that differ from yours
- You're a great communicator - you approach interactions with technical and non-technical teammates with empathy and sensitivity
- You’re collaborative - you are passionate about growing and contributing to the learning environment of the team
- You take great care and pride in the work that you produce as an engineer
We work hard, but at the same time we have a laid-back, fun work environment. Some of the values that are important to us are:
- Helpfulness: we appreciate receiving help as well as giving it, and learning from each other as well as sharing knowledge and opinions
- Professionalism: we trust each other and assume independence and autonomy along with responsibility
- Curiosity/Open-mindedness: we’re interested in new ideas and alternative viewpoints; we prefer having our minds’ changed by a discussion to ‘winning’ a debate
- Relaxedness: we believe that consistent unhurried problem-solving produces better solutions than frantic ‘fire drills’
- Fun: we're thick as thieves. We have lunch together every day, host regular (and spontaneous) happy hours, and participate in professional meet-ups
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We welcome applications from candidates regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.