Position Title: Registered Practical Nurse
Reporting to: Director of Care
Calling all Frontline Heroes who are ready to make a difference.
We are painfully aware of the impact that COVID-19 has had on our society. Unfortunately, long-term care and retirement communities have felt this impact even more so, given we take care of the most vulnerable population.
We are looking for that special someone who is ready to join our team and help save the lives of our senior population. If you are passionate about making a difference, have a strong moral compass and are committed to teamwork, this is the right opportunity for you!
At our home, we are passionate about providing the upmost care for our residents – their wellbeing is our highest priority. We pride ourselves in offering a community within a community that people are happy to call ‘home’.
What your day to day as an RPN would look like:
Your primary role is to provide professional nursing care to all Residents and supervise the care given. You will also be assessing all Resident needs and planning, implementing and evaluating the care program.
- Provide direction and supervision to all PSW's/Care Attendants
- Assess Residents on move-in and every six months thereafter unless there has been a change in the condition of the Resident
- Create the care plan for each resident
- Responsible for orientation of new Associates
- Accountable for the medication delivery system for the Residents
- Monitor Associate's performance and completes performance appraisals
- Liaison with Residents, families and outside agencies as required
- Respect the Residents' Bill of Rights
- Liaison with the Resident's physician as necessary
- Promote a safe, healthy workplace
- Complete blood pressure and weight checks as required
- Provide ongoing education to Associates to meet legislative requirements and learning needs of Associates
- Complete nursing documentation
- Adhere to the Occupational Health & Safety Act
We take pride in our employees, so your qualifications are important to us. We use them to get to know you and see if we are a good fit for each other. The qualifications needed to join our family are as follows:
- Registered Practical Nurse with a current certificate of competence and a member in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Medication Certificate required
- Experience with the care of the elderly, demonstrating empathy and understanding of residents
- A high degree of tolerance and patience
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Supervisory capability and experience
- Ability to walk, stand, carry equipment and ability to lift and transfer Residents
- Must provide a medical certificate from a physician prior to the completion of the probationary period
How to apply?
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and references. We look forward to speaking with you and making every moment matter!
Our organization takes the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities into account during the position summary review process. Employees are required to notify their director manager/supervisor if they have any particular accessibility needs and the organization will work with the employee to address them.