About the Company:
We seek people who share our values - who have the integrity to do the right thing, a passion for this important work and a commitment to teamwork and shared success.
Families rely on us to provide competent and compassionate care for their loved ones. We enjoy this excellent reputation thanks to the team spirit and dedication of our employees at every level.
If you are seeking a role where expectations are high and achievements are rewarding, where staff are encouraged and supported in continued personal growth, then long term care at Eatonville Care Centre is the place for you to work.
The Ideal Candidate:
We are currently seeking to hire Registered Nurses (RN), who will be reporting to the Director of Care, the RN will be an integral member of the Nursing team. This position is responsible for but not limited to providing for the care and needs of residents, performing specific interventions from individual resident care plans and participate in the nursing process. The successful candidate will have:
- 1 to 2 years experience in long term care
- Current registration with CNO
- Skilled in medication administration, treatment application, subcutaneous injections
- Knowledge of Nursing Standards by CNO, Ministry of Health and Public Health
- Strong assessment skills
- Capable of supervising unregulated staff, ensuring the quality of care provided and that residents rights are upheld at all times
- Knowledge of documentation requirements and care planning process, including computerized documentation
- Excellent communication skills with residents, families and fellow employees
- Must have a clear vulnerable sector screen, no older than 6 months, must be able to provide three work references
- PCC experience an asset
- We are committed to giving the best to our employees, providing competitive salaries and benefits packages along with supporting educational opportunities for professional growth.
- We are located in central Etobicoke and easily accessible via transit
- Position is casual. Must be available to work evenings and weekends and variety of shifts as follows: 7am-3pm, 3pm-11pm, 11pm-7am, schedules will be provided.
- 3 week orientation, includes 1 week in-class training and 2 week on-the-job training.
Eatonville Care Centre takes the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities into account during the position summary review process. Employees are required to notify their director manager/supervisor if they have any particular accessibility needs and the Organization will work with the employee to address them.