Do you have a passion for making a difference?
At Anson Place Care Centre, we are passionate about ‘Making Every Moment Matter.” We are seeking a candidate that shares our values - a person who has a passion to make a difference, who has a strong moral compass and has a commitment to teamwork.
Making every moment matter is about improving all the things that make life enjoyable. Things like making someone feel better, making connections with them or for them with other residents, showing them a new song or even just giving them something to look forward to.
At Anson Place Care Centre, we are passionate about providing compassionate care for families loved ones, where the residents of our home come before anything else. Our values at Anson Place follow a ‘People’ focused Philosophy, Participation Excellence Openness Performance Longevity Efficient Use of Resources. This philosophy can be seen in every aspect and level of our home.
We are currently recruiting for a PT PSW (afternoon/evenings). This position is currently scheduled as 15 hours biweekly - 1-9pm every other weekend. This position starts on January 25, 2020.
- Assisting or providing total personal care such as toileting, bathing and perineal care
- Assisting with eating, dressing and grooming
- Assisting nursing staff by answering call bells
- Following the care plan, observing and reporting any substantial findings and/or changes in patient/resident/client’s behavior to the appropriate registered member of the healthcare team
- Assisting with ambulation, positioning and transferring using mechanical lifts such as a Hoyer lift
- Working under the supervision of a Registered Healthcare Professional such as a Registered Nurse (RN) or a Registered Practical Nurse (RPN)
- Performing tasks delegated to them
- Computer or paper documentation of Activities of Daily Living (ADL) and other findings
- Reporting behavioral and clinical changes to a Registered Nurse, Registered Practical Nurse, Resource Nurse or Manager
Skills and Education:
- MUST have a PSW Certification and Transcript from a Registered Canadian College
- PSW experience in long-term care preferred
- Mentally and physically able to perform duties as assigned
- Ability to communicate effectively with other staff, residents and families
- Demonstrates empathy, concern and interest in providing quality care and service to residents
- Demonstrates organizational skills and ability to complete assignments in a timely fashion
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to provide resident care in accordance with application legislation, job routines, nursing care plans, ability to read and write English and understand verbal and written instructions in English
- Basic computer skills
- Position is every other weekend. Must be available to work 1pm-9pm, alternate weekends, starting January 25, 2020
- Current vulnerable sector screening; valid within 6 months
- TB screening; within 6 months is also required
- Supervisory References
How to apply?
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and references. We look forward to speaking with you, and making every moment matter!
Our organization takes the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities into account during the position summary review process. Employees are required to notify their director manager/supervisor if they have any particular accessibility needs and the organization will work with the employee to address them.