Do you have a passion for making a difference?
At Anson Place Care Centre, we are passionate about ‘Making Every Moment Matter.” We are seeking a candidate that shares our values - a person who has a passion to make a difference, who has a strong moral compass and has a commitment to teamwork.
Making every moment matter is about improving all the things that make life enjoyable. Things like making someone feel better, making connections with them or for them with other residents, showing them a new song or even just giving them something to look forward to.
At Anson Place Care Centre, we are passionate about providing compassionate care for families loved ones, where the residents of our home come before anything else. Our values at Anson Place follow a ‘People’ focused Philosophy, Participation Excellence Openness Performance Longevity Efficient Use of Resources. This philosophy can be seen in every aspect and level of our home.
We are currently hiring for a Full Time Program Manager.
As a Programs Manager at Anson Place Care Centre, you will be given high expectations, as well as an expectation to continue personal growth and professional growth. In this position, you will be gifted with a rewarding experience every day in the form of being able to see the exact impact you place on our residents.
As a Programs Manager, you will lead our Programs Team, and you will report directly to the Executive Director. You will work 75 hours biweekly and some flexibility will be required.
This position is responsible for but not limited to:
● Planning, coordinating, directing and monitoring the effectiveness of all operational activities within the Programs Department
● Managing, planning, and evaluating a wide range of services and activities to meet the needs of the residents in accordance with quality management, legislative requirements, and organization standards
● Assessing individual resident activity and leisure requirements, interests, and abilities in order to identify needs
● Developing appropriate support to optimize resident involvement and introducing new and/or modified activities, programs, services as applicable
● Participating in the recruitment, team member and labour relations, orientation, occupational and non-occupational injury/illness, performance management, training, education, and other people related functions of the Long Term Care Community for department team members
● Ensuring that all required programs and therapy committees are functioning within their terms of reference and areas of responsibility
● Assisting in linking residents and families with resources and services both within the Long Term Care and community
● Performing other duties as assigned
At the Anson Place Care Centre we take pride in our employees, so your qualifications are important to us. We use them to get to know you and see if we are a good fit for each other. The qualifications needed to join our family at Anson Place Care Centre are as follows:
● Post-secondary diploma or degree from a recognized institution in the field of recreation/activation or therapeutic recreation
● Minimum 2 years of management experience
● Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist; in good standing with Therapeutic Recreation Ontario (TRO) is ideal
● Certifications or training in Restorative Care (from Centre for Activity and Aging), Gentle Persuasive Approach (GPA), Montessori principles, Dementia/Alzheimer’s, gerontology, wellness interventions, SmartServe, Food Handling, and volunteer management are considered an asset
● Strong leadership skills
● Good written and oral communication skills
● Experience in long term care an asset
● Knowledgeable of the Residents’ Bill of Rights
● Must have a clear vulnerable sector screen, no older than 6 months, TB test results less than 6 months old, must be able to provide three professional references.
How to apply?
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and references. We look forward to speaking with you, and making every moment matter!
Our organization takes the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities into account during the position summary review process. Employees are required to notify their director manager/supervisor if they have any particular accessibility needs and the organization will work with the employee to address them.