Position Title: Personal Support Worker
Reporting to: Director of Care
Calling all Frontline Heroes who are ready to make a difference.
We are painfully aware of the impact that COVID-19 has had on our society. Unfortunately, long-term care and retirement communities have felt this impact even more so, given we take care of the most vulnerable population.
We are looking for that special someone who is ready to join our team and help save the lives of our senior population. If you are passionate about making a difference, have a strong moral compass and are committed to teamwork, this is the right opportunity for you!
At our home, we are passionate about providing the upmost care for our residents – their wellbeing is our highest priority. We pride ourselves in offering a community within a community that people are happy to call ‘home’.
What your day to day as a PSW would look like:
You will be an integral part of our nursing team while making a lasting impact on our residents. You will be given ample opportunities for your personal and professional growth.
This position is responsible for but not limited to:
● Providing basic care to our residents such as: ensuring residents take their prescribed medication, providing basic grooming such as washing/ combing hair, assisting with mouth care, bathing, bowel and bladder care, positioning and movement, basic wound care etc
● Performing specific interventions from individual resident care plans
● Assisting the nursing process by observing and reporting changes in the residents’ physical and emotional condition
● Performing related light housekeeping tasks, such as bed making and removing soiled clothing
● Recognizing and reporting safety concerns or equipment malfunctions
● Observing, documenting and reporting any emotional or physical changes in the residents' condition
● Continually assessing, anticipating, identifying and responding to new and changing needs of residents
We take pride in our employees, so your qualifications are important to us. We use them to get to know you and see if we are a good fit for each other. The qualifications needed to join our family are as follows:
- The graduate of Personal Support Worker program at the time of application
- Ability to demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices as they relate to long-term care legislation
- Must have demonstrated sound skills and knowledge of providing person-centered care in accordance with established standards, policies and procedures of the MOHLTC and the home
- Knowledgeable of the Residents’ Bill of Rights and respects and promotes these rights
- A positive mindset, as well as a connection with our values
- Effective communication skills and the demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Effective customer service skills and a demonstrated commitment to working with seniors
- Ability to perform tasks that are necessary for the position such as lifting/transferring residents
- Ability to deal with responsive behavior
- Basic computer skills are a must
- Demonstrated commitment to learning and continuous improvement
- Must have a recent negative COVID swab
- Must have a clear vulnerable sector screen, no older than 6 months, TB test results less than 6 months old, evidence of flu shot, must be able to provide three work references
How to apply?
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and references. We look forward to speaking with you, and making every moment count!
Our organization takes the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities into account during the position summary review process. Employees are required to notify their director manager/supervisor if they have any particular accessibility needs and the organization will work with the employee to address them.