Responsible for identifying and documenting the business needs of various business units, to include understanding their structure, processes, and operations, and interpreting their rules, requirements, and workflows to help the business achieve their goals and resolve their business challenges via information technology solutions. This role acts as a liaison between the business and technology functions of the company.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties as assigned):
- Elicits and documents business requirements using interviews, workshops, and/or existing systems documentation or procedures.
- Uses industry standard analysis techniques to document business requirements such as data flow modeling, use case analysis,
- workflow analysis, functional decomposition analysis, and object modeling.
- Participates in the deployment of Retail Software to La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries to include Readiness Assessment, table set and
- configuration, data conversion, training, and deployment.
- Develops functional designs (FDD’s) to include wire frames, logical data model, system interfaces, and security requirements, and
- reviews with and obtains stakeholder approvals.
- Performs System Testing and reports and tracks issues identified through resolution.
- Develops user acceptance test plans and test scenarios and manages the execution of UAT. Documents test results and monitors and
- reports testing results and status.
- Perform first and second level production support to Retail systems, including analysis and resolution of assigned ServiceNow
- Manages requirements and functional design through entire lifecycle - tracks and fully documents changes for functional and business
- specifications; writes detailed universally understood procedures for permanent records and for use in training.
- Leads and conducts definition, documentation, testing, training, implementation, and support of system requirements on assigned
- projects. Manages issues and reports status to assigned Project Manager.
- Liaison between departmental end-users and I.T. in the analysis, design, configuration, testing and maintenance of information systems
- to ensure optimal operational performance.
- SCOPE & IMPACT:
- The Retail Management system supports (6) Retail Distributions Centers across the U.S, (130+) Retail stores, and (60+) independent dealer stores all comprising hundreds of users transacting daily on the system that this role supports. Additionally, the role is responsible for maintaining an understanding of multiple business disciplines within the organization to effectively perform the job duties, to include but not limited to, Retail, Point of Sale, Operations (warehousing), Merchandising/Purchasing, and Accounting.
- MINIMIUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree with 2 – 4 years of relevant experience or equivalent.
- 20% travel required.
- PREFERED REQUIREMENTS:
- Certified Business Analyst Professional
- Experience with DROOLS, Pentaho, and Business Objects.