We’re looking for a brilliant, experienced Product Designer to join our Washington DC office. The successful candidate should be able to create elegant, simple user interfaces and information architecture using participatory and iterative design techniques including prototypes, wireframes, and usability testing.
You need to demonstrate logical, iterative thought processes and effectively communicate concepts and rationale to different audiences including designers, developers, account managers, and clients. We’re searching for a strong conceptual thinker who loves systems and structure, but can also successfully self-manage in order to meet deadlines.
We build brands online, and we’re proud to work with some of the best consumer brands, non-profits, advocacy groups, small businesses, associations, and influential people. Our diverse client base means a variety of fascinating challenges and learning experiences for you. Expect stimulating projects, educational opportunities, involvement in strategy, and a fun team that values your contributions.
At REQ, you'll be surrounded by people who are driven, resourceful, creative, enthusiastic, passionate, and proactive. We’re a team of thinkers, creators, and builders who act as trusted advisers to our clients and stewards of their marketing budgets. We enjoy each other’s company and have fun while we work, which is why we were named as a Best Place to Work in the Washingtonian and Washington Business Journal.
· Producing effective, logical, and consistent information architecture and interface designs
· Presenting your work across multiple in-house teams and to clients
· Contributing to the design process, assist in definition scope and scheduling, and help mentor other interdisciplinary designers
· Conducting interviews, testing, and other research methods and then using results intelligently to inform design decisions
· Document approved patterns, styles, and methodology
- 3-4 years of previous design experience
- Intermediate knowledge of software tools such as Sketch, Studio, and Figma
- A solid, versatile portfolio that shows complex and creative interface and visual design solutions
- Experience understanding user needs and behavior and how to represent those in your deliverables
- Intermediate knowledge of web analytics packages
- Ability to thrive in a results-oriented, deadline-driven environment
- DC metro area candidates only