Replicated is looking to hire a Director of Product Marketing to lead our messaging and drive awareness of our work and vision in the world of enterprise software. We’re the driving force behind the emerging standards and products that will define what enterprise-ready, modern on-prem software is and how it will change enterprise computing (much in the way that the SaaS model did long ago).
In this role you’ll develop a deep understanding of our products and ecosystem. You will engage with our direct customers (software vendors) and end customers (enterprise IT admins) to understand their needs and what will make them excited to promote our products. You’ll work directly with our CEO to craft the right strategy and tactics for sharing the value that Replicated brings to the enterprise software world. You will execute on that strategy leading the full spectrum of marketing our products, initiatives and ensuring our readiness to go to market.
What you’ll do
- Drive and launch strategic go-to-market plans
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including product, design, sales, engineering and PR to drive the execution of product or new feature launches.
- Create customer-facing sales enablement tools and collateral leveraging our content and research, including: in-app content, onboarding guides, sales decks, diagrams, demos, datasheets, videos, blog posts
- Create compelling use cases and easy to follow value statements for all Replicated products.
- Lead competitive analysis projects
- Attain a deep understanding of our customers to develop solutions oriented positioning and messaging that differentiates our product.
- Listen to our users, to understand how they perceive our product and positioning so you can use that information to craft new product narrative.
What we’re looking for
You are Technical. Maybe you have worked in a developer tools or developer heavy environment before. Maybe you have a background in computer science or systems engineering. Or maybe you just code on the side.
You are Curious. You love learning new things and are always open to reevaluating anything given new information. You ask questions and listen to the answers intently.
You are Efficient. You enjoy putting your headphones on and solving complex problems in new ways. You take the lessons learned from previous playbook, framework, and processes and you adapt them and make them better over time.
You should have
- 3+ years experience in a product marketing role at a technical company (devops, dev tool, systems, database etc)
- Demonstrated written, verbal and visual communication skills with a focus on technical subjects
- Experience launching technical products
- Experience engaging leaders, engineers, product managers, and customers in technical discussions
- Strong analytical skills and a passion for analysing products, competitors, trends and market dynamics.
- Ability to dive into a product and become a champion and promote features, use cases, and value propositions to customers.
- Knowledge and experience in customer buying behaviour for enterprise software
Bonus points if..
- You understand application architectures and the various categories that each component fits into
- You understand the full software development life cycle at modern companies
What we provide
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- 100% medical and dental insurance covered (50% for dependents)
- Twice weekly catered lunch and an open shopping list for the snacks of your choice
- Generous vacation time
- Professional development, in-office career coaching, and conference attendance
- Whatever desk setup you need to get your job done
- Work-life balance so you can have a life outside of your job