We are looking for a Build and Release Engineer to own the design and implementation of test automation, delivery pipelines, and release processes at Replicated. Your main objective will be to increase both quality and velocity of Replicated’s platform releases. You’ll successfully contribute to the efficiency, velocity, and increased coverage of automated tests while eliminating technical debt and enabling team members to contribute to automated testing at each release stage.
The culture at Replicated is entrepreneurial, fast-paced, and engineering oriented. We value cutting-edge technology and aim to get the most out of emerging open source standards. Our engineering team is working every day to solve complex problems and develop world-class software. You will guide and mentor your engineering and QA team members while owning the core of our automated CI/CD pipeline. This role is perfect for an effective communicator who is passionate about working collaboratively while guiding an engineering team.
We help software companies serve the needs of enterprise customers. Our mission is to shift the landscape of enterprise software, helping organizations of all sizes modernize their application architecture and management. Our tools enable vendors to efficiently ship and manage on-premise, self-hosted versions of their software. These products have had great momentum in the market, attracting customers like HashiCorp, CircleCI, Gradle, and many others. Half of the Fortune 100 deploy applications using our platform.
What you’ll do:
- Own design and implementation of build & deployment infrastructure and processes at Replicated
- Contribute to a suite of automated tests with the goal of increasing coverage while decreasing redundancy and unnecessary testing
- Enable the team to continue shipping a high quality product at high velocity by building tools to enable everyone to contribute high-value automated testing at every stage of a release
- Prioritize elimination of technical debt by identifying high value, low cost tests and addressing areas with flaky coverage
- Own the core of our automated CI/CD pipeline to ensure confidence in delivery as the team and product scales
- Guide and mentor members of the Engineering and QA teams
You should have:
- 1+ years experience using at least one CI/CD platform, like Jenkins, CircleCI or TravisCI
- 1+ years experience using at least one infrastructure automation tool like Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Salt, or Puppet
- Excellent technical communication skills
- Passion for working with engineers and empowering teams to ship software
- Strong, well-formed opinions on software testing, CI/CD, and automation
Other things we’re looking for:
- Experience with some of the following tools:
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, Swarm
Replicated is committed to cultivating an efficient, respectful workplace. We provide strong health and dental benefits, mandatory vacation, and are eager to advance the skills and careers of our employees. We encourage applicants of all backgrounds and we work to make sure that all team members have an equal opportunity to succeed.