Republica is a creative launch pad for truly inspired ideas — and we’re always looking for good interns to spend 10 weeks immersed in real-life marketing and communication efforts as part of our familia. You’ll cut your teeth on market research, campaign presentations, caffeine-induced brainstorms and ironman ping pong marathons. And don’t worry, “cut your teeth” is just a figure of speech.
Let’s do big things.
The Intern assists the assigned team in the daily servicing of clients and supports other agency activities on an as-needed basis. The intern also rotates through all areas of the agency in order to gain a well-rounded view of agency life and work.
- Current student or recent graduate with an expressed desire to pursue a career in marketing and communications or business
- Prior internship or work experience helpful, but not required
- Basic computer skills with experience in widely utilized word processing and spreadsheet applications, with a working knowledge of Mac platform helpful
- Become familiar with products, and tactical elements of a marketing plan and how they are used
- Become familiar with the clients’ names, titles, and responsibilities
- Assist agency team in coordinating and producing special projects/items for clients
- Participate in the preparation of materials for promotional planning or new business presentations as needed.
- Provide word processing, copying, faxing and distribution support for all internal and client communications
- Work with agency team and learn how to develop job estimates.
- Maintain binder of competitive advertising or marketing communications
- Analyze publications for pertinent articles to be circulated to product team
- Learn how to prepare timelines in conjunction with all relevant agency teams and traffic; understand and support traffic system.
- Proactively contribute ideas to projects
- Work with department head or designated mentor to effectively complete scope of work so that it is top quality but also within the terms of the client’s contract; learn to proactively manage hours to scope
- Consistently demonstrate ability to successfully move into problem-solving mode whenever challenges or concerns arise
- Work well with and demonstrate respect for colleagues at all levels and consistently contribute to a positive work environment.
- Know it’s brand(s) situation, as well as of the account and the client’s business and key strategies for assigned clients
- Help in the development of creative briefs and client management as assigned
- Creative and strategic thinking
- Organizational skills
- Self-motivation, energy, and drive
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently
- Ability to work under pressure (and play under pressure, our foosball games are serious)
- Attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (Preferably Spanish proficiency)
- People oriented
- Computer skills (software proficiency may vary based on function)
- Be yourself
Monday through Friday and sometimes weekends (hours are flexible and to be determined based on your institution's requirements for credit hours); our preference is for interns to commit to a minimum of 16 hours a week.
Republica will prioritize students in their junior or senior year.