The Account Coordinator assists the account team in the daily servicing of their clients and supports other agency activities on an as-needed basis.
- BA/BS degree required
- 1-2 years of professional agency support experience or related field experiences such as sales or marketing
- Basic, computer skills, with experience in widely utilized word processing and spreadsheet applications, with a working knowledge of Mac programming
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple assignments at one time
- Positive outlook and good interpersonal skills
- Become familiar with products, and tactical elements of a marketing plan and how they are used
- Become familiar with the clients’ names, titles and product responsibilities
- In the absence of account group, field requests from the client to ensure that requested modifications (e.g. copy or layout changes) are documented, communicated and implemented
- Maintain weekly status reports with the product team
- Assist account team in coordinating and producing special projects/items for clients
- Participate in the preparation of materials for promotional planning or new business presentations as needed.
- Make all arrangements for internal team meetings and client meetings, including ordering and setting up refreshments
- Provide word processing, copying, faxing and distribution support for all internal and client communications
- Work with creative and estimator to develop job estimates.
- Review all work orders, revisions, estimates for accuracy and completeness before delivering them to traffic
- Maintain binder of competitive advertising or marketing communications
- Maintain binders for accounts that includes budget and current product literature.
- Analyze publications for pertinent articles to be circulated to the product team, as time permits.
- Prepare timelines in conjunction with the creative team and traffic; understand and support traffic system.
- Occasionally prepare client contact reports.
- Systematically organize daily activities to respond to the needs of the client.
- Proactively contribute ideas to projects
- Regularly make recommendations to account lead on how to improve a project
- Work with account team lead to effectively complete scope of work so that it is top quality but also within the terms of the client’s contract
- Consistently demonstrate the ability to successfully move into problem-solving mode whenever challenges or concerns arise
- Work well with and demonstrate respect for colleagues at all levels and consistently contribute to a positive work environment.
- Know it’s brand(s) situation, as well as of the account and the client’s business and key strategies
- Control all the administrative aspects, thereby guaranteeing that they are updated and well functioning
- Keep the Account Manager informed of the status of the account and collaborate in detecting, in advance, problems related to client satisfaction.
- Help the advertising account services team in administrative functions such as opening and closing jobs, conference reports, budget worksheets, etc.
- Help in the development of creative briefs and client management