CORE COMPETENCIES, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for all aspects of client’s print advertising, collateral material, logo development and typography
- Designs and produces art and copy layouts for material to be presented by visual communications media, such as books, magazines, newspapers, television, electronic media and packaging.
- Designs media in a wide variety of styles that correspond to the clients' needs
- Interacts with art directors
- Adheres to client budget and time constraints
- Presents new ideas to members of the team
- Monitors projects through all phases of production
- Develops designs that are on strategy and reflect brand’s personality
- Ability to press check
- Understanding of printing process, photography, illustration and typography
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Mac operating platform skills are a must. PC knowledge is a plus. Thorough knowledge of the following software applications is required: Quark X-press, Adobe Illustrator, scanning software, Adobe Photoshop, Client & Profits and any widely utilized word processing application.