Reorg provides breaking news and market-moving intelligence along with cutting-edge technology and data for hedge funds, investment banks and law firms. We are changing the way that professionals access opaque or complex information, and we are always looking for bright minds to join us on that mission.
At Reorg, we work in an agile environment that promotes continuous improvement for our employees and our products. Our team likes to work hard and make an impact while learning from each other. We take our work seriously but we don't take ourselves too seriously.
We are hiring a Technology Reporter to join our team of experienced, successful and highly motivated individuals at one of New York City’s fastest-growing startups. This reporter will be responsible for breaking news on high-yield and distressed borrowers and will collaborate with a team of journalists as well as financial and legal analysts.
The reporter will primarily cover corporate credit, focus on leveraging market sources to identify companies in the technology industry with near-term restructuring triggers, and provide Reorg subscribers with value-add intelligence on in- and out-of-court restructurings and post-reorg situations.
She or he will also draw on industry sources to provide insight on changes in the regulatory and legal environment and their potential impact on credits under coverage. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to build out our technology industry coverage as a specialist in this field.
- Break news on high-yield and distressed debt borrowers
- Work closely with a team of journalists, financial analysts and legal analysts
- Develop and maintain contacts in the credit market as well as with financial advisors, investment bankers and restructuring lawyers
- Attend industry specific conferences and events
- 5+ years’ experience covering the credit markets and/or bankruptcy, ideally within tech
- Motivated self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Strong writing skills and attention to detail, with an ability to manage multiple priorities
- A passion and understanding of the technology industry, with understanding and appreciation of its nuances.
Please note before submitting an application: At Reorg we take our interview process very seriously. Interviewing with Reorg may include phone interviews, on-site interviews, written projects and presentations. Although we receive a large number of applicants, we do our best to follow up and ensure it is a positive experience.
Reorg provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Reorg complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.