Reorg provides breaking news and market-moving intelligence along with cutting-edge technology and data for the financial industry. An established and influential player in the distressed and restructuring space, Reorg is now expanding its coverage to M&A breaking news and shareholder activism.
At Reorg, we work in an agile environment that promotes continuous improvement for our employees and our products. Our team likes to work hard and make an impact while learning from each other. We take our work seriously but we don't take ourselves too seriously.
Reorg is seeking an Investigative Reporter to help grow the shareholder activism part of the expanding platform. The new platform complements the offer and is part of Reorg M&A, an emerging leader in news and analysis of M&A enforcement, regulatory decisions, and policy changes. Our subscribers include hedge funds, investment banks, trading desks, financial advisors, corporations and law firms.
The new hire will report directly to the Senior Editor in charge of spearheading the project and will be working closely with the other journalists and analysts in the team. This is a full-time position based in New York.
The new hire will have the rare opportunity of joining a team that aims to be disruptive in a highly competitive industry, and that knows how to make it happen.
- Break news on shareholder activist campaigns
- Uncover market-moving news through in-person and telephonic interviews with sources and convey it quickly and concisely to subscribers who need it fast and right
- Develop and maintain contacts at the largest investment banks, law firms, consultancy firms, and PR firms operating in the activism space
- Develop a book of contacts in the buyside community, particularly among activist hedge funds
- Collaborate with legal analysts, editors and our team of talented journalists
- Attend conferences and events
- 1+ years of financial reporting experience
- Knowledge of main types of SEC filings and how to read them
- Motivated self-starter with a strong sense of urgency who enjoys a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong collaborator with great interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop sources
- Inquisitive and an aggressive networker, able to meet tight deadlines smoothly, and ready for a challenging but extremely rewarding journey
- Someone who has a track record of breaking news accurately will be taken as a plus
- Flexible and have the ability to write about different industries
Please note before submitting an application: At Reorg we take our interview process very seriously. Interviewing with Reorg may include phone interviews, on-site interviews, written projects, and presentations. Although we receive a large number of applicants, we do our best to follow up and ensure it is a positive experience.
Reorg provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Reorg complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.