Mission is an expert cloud consulting and managed services provider for public cloud platforms including Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure. Businesses across industries depend on Mission to expertly and securely architect, migrate, manage, and optimize their cloud environments. A certified partner of both AWS and Azure and backed by 16 years' of experience, Mission enables customers to focus on business and product development – and not on actively managing cloud infrastructure. Because of its proven cloud optimization strategies, Mission consistently reduces customers’ IT spend while maintaining industry-leading SLAs.
Connected by a shared vision of the power of the AWS cloud, and a deep cultural alignment, AWS Advanced Consulting Partners Reliam, Stratalux and G2 Tech Group have joined forces as a single AWS powerhouse. United as a single team, the three companies can now offer their customers even greater technical expertise, service and support, and a seamless managed services experience stretching from Boston to Los Angeles.
About the Job
We are currently looking for a competitive and trustworthy Project Manager who loves technology and making a positive impact to help us build up our business activities. You will be primarily responsible for providing management and leadership focused on planning, staffing, and executing Cloud Consulting engagements. The Project Manager works in conjunction with Sales team and Professional Services managers, to develop, estimate, scope plan and staff new business engagements while effectively managing the execution of multiple active projects. The goal is to meet and surpass the company’s expectations to drive rapid and sustainable growth. We are a rapidly growing organization and provide great benefits and compensation.
If you are an experienced, hands-on, technology-focused Project Manager that can adapt quickly and operate in a professional, fun and fast paced environment, look no further!
- Lead all facets of project management using methods best suited for the customer but overall defining strict project and activity ownership and accountability as defined by the contractual statement of work and communicated expectations
- The leadership of client meetings, project status or stand-ups, and the development of additional contracts to align with changes to scope, all while maintaining positive relationships with all clients, vendors, subcontractors, and industry contacts.
- Leading the effort to remove and assist in removing obstacles from the delivery of the project and its activities, as well as creating full and complete project estimates, plans, and drafting written proposal responses and contracts
- Directs and motivates the project team during planning, estimating, design, implementation, testing, delivery, and warranty of assigned projects
- Manages the development of project plans in advance of project activity ensuring effective execution by the project team
- Prepares or oversees preparation and delivery of status reporting
- Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting tools and works with other team members to monitor, manage and control costs
- Prepares or oversees preparation of progress billings, pursues timely payments from the customer and authorizes payments to material suppliers and subcontractors, if applicable
- Ensures customer satisfaction during and at final project completion
- Manage internal resources to exceed customer expectations while ensuring all contractual scope work is completed on time and within estimates and budgets
- Interface and communicate with our customers for Customer Loyalty and Quality Assurance activities. Communicate progress / status internally, create and execute improvement plans based on customer feedback
- Manage financial aspects of our projects and contracts ensuring continued profitability and cost containment while ensuring our customers perceive the value of the services we provide
- Responsible for the planning process for the projects assigned
- Mobilizes Subcontractors and Vendors as applicable
- Responsible for ensuring project progress remains on track and in alignment with set date estimates and duration
- Develops and updates project implementation plans, coordinating resources to ensure our work is timely and cost effective
- Regularly evaluates cost to complete (CTC) and earned value during each milestone of projects
- Ensures the profitability of each project or task
- Effectively manages project cost and billing
- Consistently produces billings in a timely and accurate manner in a format required by our customers and ensures that Billings are clearly communicated to our customers.
- Responsible for customer approval of all project deliverables
- Plans and monitors the testing and quality assurance of project deliverables
- Ensures job documentation is complete
- Properly assigns technical resources for problem resolutions
- Proactively evaluates potential problems and initiates action to limit negative outcomes
- Estimates and secures change orders
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field preferred, although candidates with an Associate’s Degree or equivalent with an emphasis in a technical field will also be considered
- PMP Certification a plus
- Certified SCRUM Master (SCM) a plus
- ITIL Certification a plus
- Excellent negotiation and contracting skills
- Must have an understanding of financial reports and the ability to apply these in managing assigned projects
- Must have the ability to resolve the scope of work and contractual issues on assigned projects, as well as the ability to price proposes and negotiates change orders
- Must have the capability to accurately forecast project costs by calculating earned value, and accurately assessing monthly Cost To Complete (CTC) on assigned projects
- The aptitude to understand and interpret technical architectures and project specifications related to our work
- Must have strong leadership, listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Full health, dental and vision coverage for our employees and their dependents
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) plan with matching
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays
- Generous PTO policy
- A referral bonus program