Mission is an expert cloud consulting and managed services provider for public cloud platforms including Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure. Businesses across industries depend on Mission to expertly and securely architect, migrate, manage, and optimize their cloud environments. A certified partner of both AWS and Azure and backed by 16 years' of experience, Mission enables customers to focus on business and product development – and not on actively managing cloud infrastructure. Because of its proven cloud optimization strategies, Mission consistently reduces customers’ IT spend while maintaining industry-leading SLAs.
Connected by a shared vision of the power of the AWS cloud, and deep cultural alignment, AWS Advanced Consulting Partners Reliam, Stratalux and G2 Tech Group have joined forces as a single AWS powerhouse. United as a single team, the three companies can now offer their customers even greater technical expertise, service and support, and a seamless managed services experience stretching from Boston to Los Angeles.
About the job
As a Senior Cloud Consultant, your tasks may vary day-to-day but primarily will focus on pre-sales engineering, customer implementations and migrations, implementation and operation automation, best-of-class support for internet applications, technical optimization and configuration, and support operations. The ideal candidate will be able to adapt seamlessly to the organization and the customers we serve, be technically savvy, and must enjoy learning new technologies.
In your role, you will have a deep level of expertise in:
- Core concepts such as EC2, S3, RDS, Dynamo, Route53, CloudWatch
- Virtual Networking Topologies and concepts including VPC, routing, ELB, AZs
- Core AWS security and auditing capabilities including IAM, Security Groups, NACLs, GuardDuty, Inspector, CloudTrail, AWS Config, etc.
- DevOps Concepts such as infrastructure-as-code using Terraform, configuration management and tooling using Chef, Jenkins and Ansible, continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipelines and life cycles using Jenkins, CodeDeploy, etc.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead customer consulting sessions to understand customer challenges, technical needs, and business requirements.
- Assess customer’s current technical environment at a high level through conversation and/or access to systems.
- Converse intelligently with business leaders and stakeholders with limited technical knowledge.
- Have deeper technical conversations with customers’ internal technical resources including software developers, systems administrators and DevOps engineers.
- Work alongside Project Management to create detailed project implementations plans for customer projects along with resource/work effort estimates
- Lead a team of cloud consultants, when applicable, on successfully delivering various projects within the PS portfolio.
- Work with Mission service delivery leadership and sales resources to create customer-facing proposals for project services.
- Drive to change and constantly improve the service that is delivered to the customer with minimum disruption
- Hands-on experience with typical project and system/customer support: planning, coordinating, hardware selection, software selection and use, customer education and support, vendor liaison, troubleshooting, problem resolution, product evaluation, and documentation
- Ability to work natively in a mixed Windows/Linux environment and can fully comprehend and implement hybrid architectures
- Strong network configuration knowledge (Firewalls, VPN, Routers/Switches, and Load Balancers)
- Work with all types of people and ability to communicate with a broad spectrum of individuals
- Develop delivery templates for deliverables within each phase of the overall PS methodology.
- Design and build highly scalable, available and performant systems and infrastructure on the AWS platform.
- Lead the implementation of CI/CD pipelines architected for AWS infrastructures (leveraging tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, Terraform, etc)
- Include core AWS specific services in migration plans such as RDS, VPC, ELB, Route 53, and S3.
- Deploy AWS VPC environments including the configuration of multiple availability zones, security groups, virtual gateways and VPN connections.
- Perform database migrations including live and static data using native replication methods
- Migrate applications, software and supporting data files
- Test migrated environment for performance and stability
- Perform live cutover of traffic to migrated workloads
- Provide responsible, timely, detailed status of progress and expectations to Project Management and/or customer.
- Adhere to security and best practice standards
- Research and implement AWS capabilities such as RDS, Aurora, Elastic Beanstalk, Containerized services, Lambda, and other AWS infrastructure
- Work with a diverse team and globally located customers
- Mentor junior team members
- AWS Professional (Architect and/or DevOps) Certification
- Minimum 3-7 years of System Administration experience working with multiple customers
- Minimum 7-10 years of Technical Consulting experience working with multiple customers
- Experience in the implementation, management and administration of Enterprise systems tools and processes
- Extensive comprehension of the overall IT infrastructure and application stack
- Significant experience with Ansible, Chef, Puppet or other automation and/or configuration toolsets
- Experience working with external vendors as part of a consulting engagements
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Analytical skills to assist in the resolution of complex issues that may be time sensitive
- Ability to provide high-level support for technical customers
- Ability to estimate effort to complete tasks
- Ability to plan, organize, schedule, document and manage activities
- Experienced problem solver, able to troubleshoot issues independently or escalate when necessary - sense of accountability and sound personal judgment
- Excellent oral/written communication and organization skills
- Passion for technology and continuous education
- Additional AWS certifications a plus (Specialty/Professional)
- Experience with one or more scripting languages (e.g. Bash, Powershell, Ruby, Python, etc)
- Experience with Apache, nginx, Tomcat, IIS, and varnish
- Experience building LAMP, RoR, Java, and/or ASP.NET web application environments
- Experience working with different Linux distributions
- Experience with private or hybrid clouds (XenServer, VMWare, etc)
- Extensive understanding of various network topologies and protocols
- Hands-on experience with Docker, containerization and/or Kubernetes
- Experience with other cloud platforms (Google Cloud and/or Azure)
- Experience with third-party cost optimization tools (CloudHealth, CloudCheckr, etc)
- Experience with Agile methodologies such as SCRUM
- Knowledge of ITIL practices (Change Management, Incident Management, Problem Management)
- Full health, dental and vision coverage for our employees and their dependents
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) plan with matching
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays
- Generous PTO policy
Although the posting is for Los Angeles, CA, we are open to considering candidates in other locations. If you feel that you can add value to our company and make a difference for our clients and meet most and/or all of the above criteria please submit your resume to join our team!