Direct Support Professional/ Life Skills Trainer - Residential
Help individuals with neurological disabilities by providing them with safe, clean and comfortable living environments, helping them with daily tasks, and teaching them life skills. Support individuals in regaining or maintaining their independence and empowering them to become integrated members of their communities, based on their individualized treatment plans. Establish a therapeutic atmosphere and deliver effective treatment services through positive behavioral supports and professionalism.
· Core Qualifications:
- Minimum High School diploma required.
- Patience in working with others
- Composure under pressure
- Dependability and punctuality
- Keen sense of observation
- Interpersonal skills and strong sense of teamwork
- Ability to lift, maneuver and carry up to 30lbs.
- Ability to assist with transfers (e.g. to/from wheelchair)
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Acceptable driving record
- Experience as a direct support professional preferred but will train.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred.
- CPR/First Aid certification and other DDD trainings
· Essential Job Functions:
- Keep clients safe from health hazards
- Help individuals with tasks like cooking, cleaning, showering, toileting, shopping, and managing money, in residential and community settings
- Monitor individuals’ behavior toward themselves and others, and maintain client’s records of problems and progress
- Report any instances of suspected abuse, neglect, or exploitation to the appropriate authorities so they can be investigated by protective services specialists if necessary.
- Teach clients tasks that they can ultimately learn to do for themselves.
- Assist clients in planning and carrying out all activities including social, recreational and leisure.
- Assist with medication administration
· F/T, PT and per diem positions are available
· Evening, overnight, and weekend shifts are available
· Benefits plus competitive salary offered