Reginelli's customers know that we will always keep high standards for food and service. Just because the restaurant is casual, doesn’t mean we take what we do casually. Our employees know that they will be dealt with honestly and openly. Because the community has given us so much, we are committed to giving back as much as we can.
Staying true to what we care about has sustained Reginelli’s through change. Today, Reginelli’s is proud to serve not only New Orleans, but the Houston and Baton Rouge areas as well. As we continue to grow, we will maintain our core focus on the relationships that got us where we are today.
About the role
Reginelli's is looking for a dynamic Assistant General Manager to join our team! Through a close management relationship with the restaurant's General Manager, this candidate will assist the General Manager in all the operational and developmental needs of the restaurant. The Assistant General Manager will ensure that all business processes are enforced in regard to financial controls, operations metrics and standards, and company policies and procedures. The Assistant General Manager will work to create a positive atmosphere and dining experience for all customers of Reginelli’s Pizzeria, and will help to find ways to make every day at Reginelli’s one that’s fun, productive, and gratifying for our team members.
- Positively impact the financial performance of the location, controlling costs and optimizing operations in order to maximize revenue growth and profitability.
- Knowledgeable about operating performance of the restaurant.
- Positively impact the restaurant team and ensure a healthy team environment; this includes participating in performance reviews and handling employee issues as needed by the General Manager.
- Assist in the training and development of all restaurant staff through the adherence to and support of the company’s training and development department.
- Encourage a fully staffed restaurant by recruiting, hiring and supervising kitchen, wait, driving and other staff.
- Ensure compliance with food quality and food safety standards/regulations and facility cleanliness.
- Ensure company standards of customer service are met.
- Display strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proactive in tackling the needs of the business as set out by the General Manager.
- Looking to advance with the company and open to job postings outside of home restaurant.
- Responsible for execution of all policies, procedures, programs and systems while promoting ethical business practices and ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local laws for restaurants.
- Display strong communication and time management skills.
- Act as brand ambassador in the field, protecting the brand and strategic positioning of Reginelli’s as set by senior management.
- Help to execute all marketing programs at the restaurant level.
Skills and experience
- At least one year experience in a management position (preferred)
- Must have experience working in the restaurant industry (pizza experience is a plus!)
- Proven ability to proactively train, lead, and motivate a team of people.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build relationships and work well with a variety of individuals. You like talking to strangers, and they love talking to you.
- Strong organization skills with attention to detail. Your calendar freaks most people out, but you could tell us tomorrow’s schedule with your eyes closed.
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced environment. You thrive on getting things done on time, and gladly take on the challenge.
- Exceptional planning and project management skills: proven ability to independently manage multiple projects and tasks at once, and effectively prioritize in a fast-paced work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to make smart choices about what to prioritize and what matters most, especially when things get busy (or go wrong at the last minute).
- Be comfortable maintaining food and labor budgets, while maintaining extremely high standards.
- A good sense of humor, passion for food, and ability to appreciate the casual, fun culture of Reginelli’s!
If you're interested in joining our team, you can expect:
- Competitive pay
- Health benefits after 60 days
- Paid vacation after one year
- Pay-for-performance bonus structure
- 401k after one year
- Great work environment
- Opportunity for advancement in a growing company