Reginelli’s customers know that we will always keep high standards for food and service. Just because the restaurant is casual, doesn’t mean we take what we do casually. Our employees know that they will be dealt with honestly and openly. Because the community has given us so much, we are committed to giving back as much as we can.
Staying true to what we care about has sustained Reginelli’s through change. Today, Reginelli’s is proud to serve not only New Orleans, but the Houston and Baton Rouge areas as well. As we continue to grow, we will maintain our core focus on the relationships that got us where we are today.
About the role
Reginelli’s is looking for a dynamic Restaurant Assistant Manager to join the team at our Garden District location! Through a close management relationship with your general manager, this candidate will meet financial objectives, exceed customer service expectations, and find a way to make every day at Reginelli’s one that’s fun, productive, and gratifying.
We want someone who is willing to throw themselves into the mix, but also knows when to take a step back, to ensure that each day is better than the previous. We care about our employees and our customers, and hold high standards for food and service.
- People management - Assist with recruiting and maintaining staff levels; train and develop staff internally; communicating job expectations and maintaining standards; help to develop a team environment where people want to work.
- Sales growth - Adhere to sales plans and growth at location; ensure company standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs.
- Operations management - Use and implement Reginelli’s systems and procedures; enforce a clean and safe restaurant environment; assist with purchasing and inventory.
- Business management - Help meet restaurant financial objectives; oversee and manage all areas of the restaurant and make final decisions on matters of importance to guest service.
Skills and experience
- At least 1 year experience in a management position (preferred)
- Must have experience working in the restaurant industry (pizza experience is a plus!)
- Proven ability to proactively train, lead, and motivate a team of people.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build relationships and work well with a variety of individuals. You like talking to strangers, and they love talking to you.
- Strong organization skills with attention to detail. Your calendar freaks most people out, but you could tell us tomorrow’s schedule with your eyes closed.
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced environment. You thrive on getting things done on time, and gladly take on the challenge.
- Exceptional planning and project management skills: proven ability to independently manage multiple projects and tasks at once, and effectively prioritize in a fast-paced work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to make smart choices about what to prioritize and what matters most, especially when things get busy (or go wrong at the last minute).
- Be comfortable maintaining food and labor budgets, while maintaining extremely high standards.
- A good sense of humor, passion for food, and ability to appreciate the casual, fun culture of Reginelli’s!
If you’re interested in joining our team, you can expect:
- Competitive pay
- Pay-for-performance bonus structure
- Great work environment
- Opportunity for advancement in a growing company