Our ideal candidates will have a demonstrated ability to communicate complex advocacy messages in attractive and persuasive visual media.
The job requires:
- Accepting and relishing responsibility for our team to deliver quality digital advocacy products and projects
- Excellent teamwork and client-communications skills
- Excellent visual judgement
- The ability to manage and/or recruit team members and vendors
- Proven ability to create useful, well-considered wireframes
- A mastery of two of the following three: Sketch, Illustrator and Photoshop
- An understanding of the limitations and capabilities of implementing web designs
- A passion for creating clean user interfaces for websites and applications
- The ability to quickly create, iterate, and wireframe ideas
- A desire to work directly with developers to implement their designs
Red Edge currently is seeking experienced designers (3+ years) with a focus on website, application, and video design.
We’re an Arlington-based digital advocacy firm which primarily assists clients on free-market and personal liberty issues with apps, ads, and ideas. We’ve made some awesome stuff, but you can be a part of making our best products yet.
- Work in a fast-paced, exciting environment
- Don’t care about titles
- Do care about talent
- Don’t care about your grades in school
- Do care about passion
- Won’t be impressed by the five years of “experience” you had stagnating at one job
- Will be impressed by a cool project you made on your own
- Enjoy kicking ass
- Work hard and play hard
- Possess a good sense of humor
- Relish the chance to try new things
- Know what they don’t know, and have a drive to improve
- Be humble enough to admit mistakes, and smart enough to learn from them
- May lack for experience but not of a desire to learn
- Enjoy messing with the status quo
- Want to create one’s own job description based on his/her own success
- Work in our Virginia office location
About our office:
- We’re located right above the Courthouse metro stop and are an easy commute from just about anywhere. Transit or parking benefits are available.
- Our hours are 9:30-6:30, but flexible. Our focus is on getting stuff done and having fun, not waiting for a clock.
- Dress is casual, except sometimes when we have to meet clients.
- In general, we prefer common sense to typed out rules.
- We subsidize health insurance and transit or parking, sponsor and contribute to a 401(k) for eligible employees, and may offer potential relocation adjustment commensurate with position and fit.
- As you’d expect from a tech-focused firm, we have snacks, a well-stocked bar, and beer in the refrigerator.