Why Red Canary
Red Canary was founded to make security for every business better by protecting organizations around the world from cyber threats. Our combination of market defining technology, processes, and expertise delivered using an innovative SaaS model is preventing breaches every day.
The Red Canary Engineering team builds and operates the platform to deliver unmatched threat detection and response. We process billions of events per day from hundreds of thousands of systems worldwide. Every engineer is on the front lines of cybersecurity with unique opportunities to learn new technology and solve the hardest problems in cybersecurity.
Why You Matter
We are searching for a Senior Software Engineer to join the Red Canary team to focus on Performance & Reliability.
We need you to:
- Perform deep systems and software analysis to improve performance and efficiency
- Identify, diagnose and fix performance or quality related issues through automation and code
- Build repeatable, effective workflows and tools to support tracing, profiling and analysis
- Provide feedback in design, code review, and testing to ensure we meet our quality standards
Who You Are
You are an experienced software engineer who has:
- A degree in Computer Science or a technical field, or equivalent work experience
- Experience troubleshooting low level systems and code (e.g. operating system debugging & languages like C, C++, or Rust)
- Experience in automated and manual profiling and benchmarking of CPU, memory, and I/O related performance issues in software that runs on POSIX (macOS or Linux) systems. The idea of heap profiling and flamegraphs excites you.
- A love for troubleshooting complex issues, validating assumptions and identifying edge-cases
- Strong ability to find bugs and effectively communicate them to the team
- Experience with version control software (example: Git)
- Experience with testing infrastructure (CI, containers, …)
- Experience in supporting software across multiple OS distributions and versions
- Experience with AWS services and/or open source contributions
Positions is based out of Denver, CO but is remote optional.
Working at Red Canary
You will work with an exceptionally talented team that is solving problems facing every business. Additional benefits of working at Red Canary include:
- Exceptional healthcare and dental coverage including fully paid premiums
- Unlimited vacation
- 401k and flex-spending accounts
- Fitness budget
- Phone & internet reimbursement
- Discretionary budget