Why Red Canary
Red Canary was founded to make security for every business better by protecting organizations around the world from cyber threats. Our combination of market-defining technology, processes, and expertise delivered using an innovative SaaS model is preventing breaches every day. Red Canary is relentless in our mission to improve security—not just for our customers, but for the entire community. And it all starts with our people.
Why You Matter
A Sales Engineer understands that while prospective customers share many characteristics, each is unique and requires a carefully constructed solution to help them achieve their specific security goals. We are looking for a sales engineer who is able to discern where a customer is on their security maturity journey and assess whether or not the Red Canary solution fits into their current project plans and organizational needs.
You will be a great fit for this role if you are ecstatic about the opportunity to guide prospects through the customer journey and evangelize the Red Canary solution. In this position you will have the opportunity to creatively and confidently identify opportunities for improvement and take the reins on implementing solutions.
Much of your day-to-day work is comprised of pre-sales interactions as you support a team of Account Executives during presentations and proof of concepts. While not directly supporting your team, your time will be focused on a variety of project work and ad-hoc requests. Project work may include performing product research-and-development, maturing current functional processes and writing and refactoring scripts.
Who You Are
You are a Sales Engineer who:
- Advocates for the customer and ensures they are always heard, understood and taken care of
- Is an absolute professional, comfortable working with day-to-day technical practitioners as well as those at C-Level
- Facilitates tailored proofs-of-concepts, to include creating and delivering custom presentations that capture the problems, solutions, and overall progress throughout the proof-of-concept journey
- Is able to maintain a big picture view of the solution, understanding not only the technology but how the solution fits into the overall business problem that Red Canary is solving
- Willingly pushes back on customers when it is in their best interest; comfortable with difficult conversations
- Listens first and is adept at working across internal and external teams with competing priorities
- Demonstrates a firm understanding of primary security tenants to include: confidentiality, integrity, availability, role-based access control, segmentation, etc.
- Has familiarity with fundamental cloud infrastructure concepts: virtual private cloud (VPC), compute, elasticity, and the storage, processing, and securing of data
- Bonus points if you are adept with Windows and Linux command-line and are comfortable with configuring systems, troubleshooting, and interacting with scripts or have experience with scripting languages like Python, PowerShell, Ruby, etc.
- Bonus points if you have practical knowledge of enterprise endpoint detection and response (EDR) solutions including the ability to administer and configure EDRs, understand metadata and its value in delivering visibility to organizations and are driven to proactively hunt through large endpoint datasets in order to find activity of interest
Working at Red Canary
You will work with an exceptionally talented team that is solving problems facing every business. Additional benefits of working at Red Canary include:
- Exceptional healthcare and dental coverage including fully paid premiums
- Flexible time off and leave benefits
- 401k and flex-spending accounts
- Fitness, phone and discretionary stipends
Individuals seeking employment at Red Canary are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.