Why Red Canary
Red Canary was founded to make security for every business better by protecting organizations around the world from cyber threats. Our combination of market defining technology, processes, and expertise delivered using an innovative SaaS model is preventing breaches every day.
The Red Canary engineering team builds and operates the platform to deliver unmatched threat detection and response. We process billions of events per day from hundreds of thousands of systems worldwide. Every engineer is on the front lines of cybersecurity with unique opportunities to learn new technology and solve the hardest problems in cyber security.
Why You Matter
If you love creating complex data processing pipelines that process billions of records every day, you’re just the person we’re looking for. At Red Canary, we love building high quality software and shipping often (multiple times per day) to benefit our customers. Our platform processes massive amounts of data and identifies patterns of cyber attacks and threats to our customers. As a senior engineer on our data processing platform, you will design and implement the system that identifies suspicious patterns of activity and provides the data needed for front end reports, historical analyses, and ongoing analytics. In this role you may work from our Denver office or remote.
Who You Are
You are a senior engineer who is:
- Energized when given ownership of complex problems
- Passionate about prototyping with new technology and quickly determining if it is a fit for the problem
- A critical thinker, able to break problems down quickly and prioritize critical action paths
- Comfortable moving fluidly between system level architecture and code level implementation
- An experienced debugger and troubleshooter of complex systems and data pipelines
- Comfortable determining the right level of testing needed for various components
- Deeply experienced with languages used for high volume data processing such as Java, Ruby, Python, Go, or C#
- Experienced with cloud technologies, preferably AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
Working at Red Canary
You will work with an exceptionally talented team that is solving problems facing every business. Additional benefits of working at Red Canary include:
- Exceptional healthcare and dental coverage including fully paid premiums
- Flexible time off and leave benefits
- 401k and flex-spending accounts
- Fitness, phone and discretionary stipends
Individuals seeking employment at Red Canary are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.