Why Red Canary
Red Canary was founded to make security for every business better by protecting organizations around the world from cyber threats. Our combination of market defining technology, processes, and expertise delivered using an innovative SaaS model is preventing breaches every day.
The Cyber Incident Response Team (CIRT) continues to push the boundaries of threat detection and response with a unique combination of operations, threat research, and engineering in tight integration with the development team that designs our analysis platform and the Red Canary Threat Detection Engine.
Why You Matter
People can only act based on what they know. If our customers only understand part of their security posture, they can’t make the best decisions. Our incident handling team provides a unique mix of customer service, strategic security consulting, and security incident response support. The team you lead helps our customers understand the data, information, and intelligence available to them for the purpose of making informed decisions about their environment and security roadmap. The team also partners with the customer to help them prepare for and respond to incidents, taking ownership of their success and providing the resources they need to remediate and recover.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success building and directing high performing, customer focused security teams. A strategic understanding of security architecture, customer service delivery, and incident management best practices is required.
Who You Are
You get excited to build and lead great security teams that ally with the companies and brands that we love and depend on. You know that adversaries continually change tactics, and that businesses evolve, but your team is vigilant through it all.
You have a passion for customer service and security consulting. The idea of helping companies of all sizes and verticals solve and respond to security challenges drives and excites you. You understand how to strike a balance between autonomy and consistent process to ensure that each member of your team can engage with their customers to build relationships and deliver exceptional quality.
You are an experienced operational leader who will:
- Operate as a part of the Red Canary leadership team to understand business priorities, strategic direction, and how that affects operational CIRT priorities
- Mentor and coach Incident Handlers, providing advice for performance improvements and career guidance
- Guide the team to deliver exceptional customer engagement and support, specifically in the areas of security architecture and incident response
- Engage directly with customers to build relationships and act as an incident handler as needed for key and strategic accounts
- Determine and address needs for tools and data that will increase effectiveness of both customer and team efforts
- Manage resources to ensure that high-value tasks are prioritized and completed
- Partner with leaders of other customer-facing teams to ensure consistency and a cohesive customer experience
- Advocate for Incident Handling priorities across the different teams within Red Canary
Working at Red Canary
You will work with an exceptionally talented team that is solving problems facing every business. Additional benefits of working at Red Canary include:
- Exceptional healthcare and dental coverage including fully paid premiums
- Unlimited vacation
- 401k and flex-spending accounts
- Fitness stipend