Why Red Canary
Red Canary was founded to make security for every business better by protecting organizations around the world from cyber threats. Our combination of market defining technology, processes, and expertise delivered using an innovative SaaS model is preventing breaches every day.
The Red Canary engineering team builds and operates the platform to deliver unmatched threat detection and response. We process billions of events per day from hundreds of thousands of systems worldwide. Every engineer is on the front lines of cybersecurity with unique opportunities to learn new technology and solve the hardest problems in cyber security.
Why You Matter
The Red Canary platform processes billions of raw events per day to identify patterns of cyber attacks and threats to our customers. We are searching for a Senior Software Engineer (Site Reliability) to join the Red Canary team and ensure our platform is available and performing well when most needed. As one of our first engineers on the Site Reliability team, you’ll be in charge of supporting our development teams and the wider organization through the design and implementation of infrastructure and automation projects.
Who You Are
You’re passionate about understanding how systems work from Linux internals to cloud service architectures. You want to understand how systems fit together and automate away the manual pieces. You value openness and curiosity.
The Site Reliability Engineering team is responsible for running and maintaining Red Canary’s services. You’ll work directly with the product engineering teams to provide expertise and support of Red Canary’s services. Our services span from maintaining Linux servers to containerized services. You’ll get to optimize our existing systems, build infrastructure, and eliminate work through automation. Additionally, you’ll be responsible for helping to build a network of API integrations and deployments between our apps, our customers, and supported vendors.
As our first Senior Software Engineer on the Site Reliability team, you’ll have the opportunity to shape the team’s mission and focus. You’ll help mentor and train future team members, helping Red Canary scale to the next level. In this role you may work from our Denver office or remote.
In addition you are:
- Experienced with Linux operating systems and managing them.
- Experienced with networking and DNS management.
- Experienced software engineer in one or more of the following: C, C++, C#. Java, Python, Go, Ruby, Rust
- Energized by mentoring other SREs and building capability cross-functionally
- Willing to participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation
- Additionally, familiarity in any of the following are a bonus:
- Infrastructure as Code tooling such as Puppet, Chef, or PowerShell DSC
- Kubernetes & Terraform
- Amazon Web Services ecosystem (e.g. S3, Glacier, SNS, SQS, EC2, RDS)
Working at Red Canary
You will work with an exceptionally talented team that is solving problems facing every business. Additional benefits of working at Red Canary include:
- Exceptional healthcare and dental coverage including fully paid premiums
- Unlimited vacation
- 401k and flex-spending accounts
- Fitness, phone & internet, and discretionary stipends