Denver, Colorado, United States (Remote Optional)
Why Red Canary
Red Canary was founded to make security for every business better by protecting organizations around the world from cyber threats. Our combination of market defining technology, processes, and expertise delivered using an innovative SaaS model is preventing breaches every day.
The Cyber Incident Response Team (CIRT) continues to push the boundaries of threat detection and response with a unique combination of operations, threat research, and engineering in tight integration with the development team that designs our analysis platform and the Red Canary Threat Detection Engine.
Why You Matter
People can only act based on what they know. If our customers only understand part of their security posture, they can’t make the best decisions. You will help the customer understand the full scope of information available to them and make informed decisions about their environment. You will partner with the customer as an extension of their security team to help them to understand and mature their overall security program. If a customer experiences an incident, you will work to help by taking ownership of the customer's success and providing any resources they need to remediate and recover.
Who You Are
As an Incident Handler at Red Canary, you will:
- Partner with customers, helping them understand the full scope of information available and make informed decisions about their security program
- Tailor communication to the customer’s level of expertise, providing education and information to help them understand the bigger picture and make educated decisions
- Advocate for the customer’s well-being, provide expert security advice, and rally internal Red Canary resources for the benefit of the customer
- Leverage your deep knowledge and experience to ask the right questions to customers and provide advice to advance the maturity of their security program
- Identify, scope, and manage ongoing customer incidents, develop remediation plans, and augment the customer’s security gaps with the necessary skills and resources to improve their security
- Immerse yourself in the customer’s environment enough to immediately recognize evidence of potential threats
- Augment the automated detection of Red Canary’s technical stack with manual hunting, to identify anomalous behaviors within customer environments, and use your hunting results to drive innovation of Red Canary’s detection capabilities
Working at Red Canary
You will work with an exceptionally talented team that is solving problems facing every business. Additional benefits of working at Red Canary include:
- Exceptional healthcare and dental coverage including fully paid premiums
- Unlimited vacation
- 401k and flex-spending accounts
- Fitness stipend
- Phone reimbursement