Linux Research and Exploit Developer (CNO) (Remote)
Denver, Colorado, United States · Engineering
Why Red Canary
Red Canary was founded to make security for every business better by protecting organizations around the world from cyber threats. Our combination of market defining technology, processes, and expertise delivered using an innovative SaaS model is preventing breaches every day.
The Red Canary Engineering team builds and operates the platform to deliver unmatched threat detection and response. We process billions of events per day from hundreds of thousands of systems worldwide. Every engineer is on the front lines of cybersecurity with unique opportunities to learn new technology and solve the hardest problems in cybersecurity.
Why You Matter
We are searching for a Linux Research and Exploit Developer (CNO) to join the Red Canary team to protect our customers with POSIX endpoints.
We need you to:
- Perform deep systems analysis to identify new ways of subverting OS or application-specific security controls
- Identify unique, innovative ways of persisting, escalating privileges and achieving defined objectives
- Use these learnings to inform our products and services in order to protect our customers
Who You Are
You are an experienced developer who has:
- A degree in Computer Science or a technical field, or equivalent work experience
- A strong understanding of operating system fundamentals
- Experience with Linux internals (boot, linking, loading, shared objects, …)
- Experience with OS protection mechanisms like ASLR
- Experience with low-level development using languages like C/C++/Assembly/Rust
- Experience with debugging and vulnerability analysis and/or exploit development
Desired, but not required:
- Experience with kernel development
- Experience with macOS internals
All positions are based out of Denver, CO but are remote optional.
Working at Red Canary
You will work with an exceptionally talented team that is solving problems facing every business. Additional benefits of working at Red Canary include:
- Exceptional healthcare and dental coverage including fully paid premiums
- Unlimited vacation
- 401k and flex-spending accounts
- Fitness budget
- Phone & internet reimbursement
- Discretionary budget