At Red Antler, we launch and grow brands. We’ve done this for Casper, Allbirds, and Brandless to name a few. We believe that bringing curious, empathetic people together working toward a shared purpose creates a brand experience that can change the world.
We’re searching for an experienced Finance Director to drive our organization’s financial operations and improve financial performance. You’ll partner closely with our leadership team to drive our financial strategy, and oversee accounting and financial reporting. You have a strong finance and accounting background in addition to sharp operational savvy and you’re excited to work in a fast-paced, creative agency.
Who you are:
- You have 7+ years of client finance experience in a creative or professional services environment and broad knowledge of accounting principles. You’ll help us move quickly and keep us on track financially-- this entails planning, preparing, coordinating and anticipating all financial aspects of our business. You’ll be continually looking for ways to help us get better (and more efficient) at what we do.
- You’re eager to spearhead all areas of financial management for our team and harmonize our financial operations. This includes developing effective financial strategies, overseeing internal controls, setting financial targets, monitoring expenditure, overseeing annual insurance, monitoring cash flow and evaluating investments.
- Your focus will be in three main areas: Accounting, Financial Planning and Analysis, and Client Finance. You will supervise everything from banking, credit card, and insurance management to leading monthly close efforts and reviewing departmental budgets, preparing forecasts and analyzing financial performance. You’ll also be responsible for revenue recognition and pipeline management, maximizing job profitability with leadership from project management and maintaining company rate cards/pricing.
- You’ll possess strong analytical skills, sharp strategic thinking, excellent communication skills, and strong leadership skills. You’ll oversee accounting staff and ensure that everyone on your team is mentored, supported and set up for success.
- You have a successful track record of guiding efforts toward financial stability, monitoring all financial activities, promoting revenue growth, ensuring compliance with accounting regulations, and maintaining strong relationships with investors.
- You are an analytical decision-maker, have the ability to work autonomously and proactively, and think strategically at a high level without losing your attention to detail. You understand the importance of making smart business decisions and can navigate the fluidity and ambiguity of a client services business.
What works here:
In a lot of ways, we embody the best things about startup culture. We are self-starters who know how to create something from nothing. Someone who is both independent and values collaboration will be successful here.