POSITION Mine Support Superintendent
LOCATION Billings, Montana
START DATE Immediate
TYPE Salaried Position
TIME Full Time
COMPENSATION Commensurate with experience
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: The Mine Support Superintendent will be responsible for all aspects of mine support operations at the Mine. This position will have oversight over underground haulage and construction as well as backfill, diamond drill and raisebore. Ensuring a safe and environmentally excellent setting for the support group is paramount to the success of the Mine. Responsibilities will include safety vision, budgeting, achieving operational objectives, planning and execution of quality mine support and cost targets. This person will drive the creation of an engaged workplace culture and provide the leadership that promotes continually exploring new technologies to improve worker safety and efficiencies throughout the operations. The successful candidate will represent our client and its values to all employees; coordinate resources and efforts to compliment other areas in realizing overall mine goals.
- Leadership qualities including: character, teamwork, communication, business sense and
- Strong ability to coach and mentor others, both peers and subordinates.
- Solid understanding and applying of MSHA regulations and compliance.
- Degree in Mine, Civil, Mechanical Engineering or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Minimum ten years relevant mining experience, with a mix of mine support, production and
- Proficiency in mine engineering systems, cost management and productivity enhancement.
- Experience with narrow vein underground mining methods.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Proficiency in the preparation of operating
and capital budgets.
- Experienced in PC based software programs, PowerPoint, Excel, Word and business based
- Provide leadership for safe and productive mine support operations.
- Coach and mentor the site leaders in accordance with leadership qualities.
- Regularly interact and be visible with the workforce, demonstrating high level leadership
- Work with site senior leadership team in continuing the development of a focused, engaged
culture throughout the organization.
- Establish and execute and communicate short and long term planning strategies that
support the growth of the operation.
- Develop and execute strategic workforce planning and organizational development.
- Foster cooperation, collaboration and innovation to ensure that realistic production and
development goals are being set and met. Ensure that resource value is being maximized.
- Lead site mine support team to ensure maximum support to mine production and
development activities as well as mine maintenance through safely optimizing mine
operational systems, planning and procedures.
- Oversees multiple work groups and takes appropriate action in supporting positive actions
as well as professionally addressing inappropriate behaviors.
- Be pro-active in all aspects of the operation; safety, effective and efficient utilization of
resources, productivity, Continuous Improvement initiatives, and teamwork across the site.
- Actively support Safety and Health Management and Environmental systems and regulatory
- Maintain a productive labor relations environment, minimizing unnecessary conflict.
- Demonstrates positive two-way communication, fair and consistent administration of
Company policies and procedures, and responsiveness to employee concerns.
- Develop and communicate site goals and initiatives in cooperation with other site managers.
HOW TO APPLY
Thank you for your interest in this position. As part of our recruitment process we ask that interested candidates, that meet the above requirements, please follow the link below to fill out our questionnaire: