POSITION Operations Engineer
LOCATION Denver, Colorado
START DATE Immediate
TYPE Contract Position
TIME Full Time
COMPENSATION Commensurate with experience
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Accountable for evaluating midstream facility, pipeline and measurement performance and assisting operations team in troubleshooting/optimizing midstream facility operations, maintenance and compliance. Will assist with midstream facility design and construction and may assist in upstream wellhead facility design and construction as needed.
Roles, Responsibilities and Daily Duties
- Support the safe, compliant and efficient operation of a gas plant, saltwater disposal, fresh water supply pumps and associated gathering/distribution pipelines, future oil gathering and measurement, and equipment such as:
- Pig launchers/receivers
- Slug catchers
- Meters (orifice, turbine, Coriolis)
- Heat Exchangers
- Perform hydraulic calculations, process simulations and measurement sizing checks to compare actual to desired performance, then propose changes to achieve optimal performance.
- Assist in designing and executing upstream facility projects (tank batteries, SWD’s, etc.) as needed.
- Assist in troubleshooting and correcting pipeline and pumping system operational issues.
- Assist in troubleshooting and correcting gas plant and saltwater disposal operational issues as needed.
- Assist in developing, then tracking and maintaining a preventative maintenance program.
- Assist in developing, then tracking and maintaining compliance programs (DOT, PSM, LDAR, etc.)
- Self-motivated individual with strong communications and problem solving skills.
- Must be an effective communicator. Will be involved in directing activities and collaborating on problem-solving efforts with field personnel. Also will help justify projects or relay performance of efforts to management.
- Ability to work in an outdoor environment under extreme weather conditions (both hot and cold)
- Ability to work well in a collaborative team environment with other operators, managers and engineers.
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs. and climb caged ladders up to 20 feet multiple times a day.
- Must be able to walk up to 3 miles in a 12-hour shift without assistance.
- Must be able to travel up to 50% to Tioga, North Dakota.
Minimum Experience and Education
- A minimum of a BS degree in engineering from an ABET accredited college is required
- A minimum of 3 years of pipeline, petroleum, or petrochemical maintenance or operations experience is required.
- A minimum of 1 year of plant or related experience is required, 3 is preferred.
- Experience in PSM-regulated facilities and working knowledge of those regulations.
- Experience as a DOT OQ trainer or PSM coordinator is preferred.
- Experience in analyzing and troubleshooting field measurement systems is preferred.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship. This is a DOT safety-sensitive position.
HOW TO APPLY
Thank you for your interest in this position. As part of our recruitment process we ask that interested candidates, that meet the above requirements, please follow the link below to fill out our questionnaire: