We’re looking for a creative and tenacious individual to lead our marketing automation efforts. Ideally, you’re data-driven and have significant experience in nurturing, activating, and monetizing leads through email marketing, chatbots, in-app messaging, funnels, and other middle-of-the-funnel channels.
Specifically, in this role, we’re looking for someone who can achieve the following goals:
OBJECTIVE # 1: Use marketing automation to encourage more of our leads to begin their free trial
- Potential obstacles: It will take some trial and error to understand our product, the ideal channels to reach our users, segments, and messaging for those segments.
- To achieve the objective, you’re able to: Thoughtfully architect and implement automated messages (email drip campaigns, chatbot messaging) or funnels that convey Rebilly’s value to our lead list and encourage them to convert to a trial user of Rebilly.
- Results: Increased lead -> trial user conversion rate
OBJECTIVE # 2: Use marketing automation to help more trial users activate their trials
- Potential obstacles: We need more user data on what features bring users the most immediate value, where users get stuck in the product, etc.
- To achieve the objective, you’re able to: Work with our Customer Success Manager to gain user data and use it to thoughtfully architect and implement automated messages (email drip campaigns, in-app messaging) that convey Rebilly’s value to our trial users and encourage them to activate their trial.
- Results: Increased trial activation rate
OBJECTIVE # 3: Increase the effectiveness of marketing automation
- Potential obstacles: We don’t know what we don’t know - this objective essentially is the definition of trial and error.
- To achieve the objective, you’re able to: Think strategically through Rebilly’s multi-channel marketing efforts, suggest proactive and reactionary tests, analyze the results of those tests and make the appropriate changes to optimize our marketing automation.
- Results: Improved marketing automation metrics (open rates, click through rates, and conversion rates, to name a few.)
Initial 30 minute culture interview, advances to:
- “Stop. Start. Continue” project: We’ll send our highest converting landing page (where many of our leads convert from) and a Google Doc with the current content in our Indoctrination + Nurture series - the email drip campaign that new users receive over the first week or two after becoming a Rebilly lead. Reading through that should take less than 20 minutes. After reading through the content, spend no more than 1 hour answering the following prompts: What in our current indoctrination and nurture process should we 1) Stop, 2) Start, and 3) Continue? We’re looking to see the logic in your recommendations. This will advance to:
- Extended interview (1-1.5 hrs) to review project, how this role would impact Rebilly, and what it’s like to work at Rebilly.
Working at Rebilly
Rebilly offers a competitive salary, training and development, birthday lunches, and provides the computer of your choosing. Our Austin team is set up as a fully remote/WFH environment, meeting occasionally for lunch, happy hour, or to co-work.
Rebilly is a Teal Organization, meaning our organizational structure may differ than what you’re used to, but we think you’ll be pleasantly surprised. In a very tiny nutshell, this means that as an organization we value self-management, self-organization, as well as the wholeness of the individuals that make up our team (meaning you should be yourself at work and do work that inspires you.) You can read more about it here
Rebilly is subscription billing software created to maximize customer lifetime value. We make it easy for even the most complex businesses to get the most profit possible from every single customer. Rebilly’s comprehensive feature set is built to help our merchants get more of their customers from the order form to the thank you page, and more renewals paid.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.