We’re looking for a creative and tenacious individual to lead our monetization efforts. Ideally, you’re data-driven and have significant experience in nurturing, activating, and monetizing leads through email marketing and other automated marketing messages. We’re also looking for someone who can think outside the box and come up with other ways to monetize our product, leads, users, and assets.
Specifically, in this role, we’re looking for someone who can achieve the following goals:
OBJECTIVE # 1: Encourage more of our leads to begin their free trial
- Potential obstacles: It will take some trial and error to understand our product, the ideal channels to reach our users, segments, and messaging for those segments.
- To achieve the objective, you’re able to: Thoughtfully architect and implement automated messages (email drip campaigns, website bot messaging) that convey Rebilly’s value to our lead list and encourage them to convert to a trial user of Rebilly.
- Results: Increased lead -> trial user conversion rate.
OBJECTIVE # 2: Monetize more of our trial users by conveying Rebilly’s value
- Potential obstacles: We need more user data on what features bring users the most immediate value, where users get stuck in the product, etc. You can work with our Customer Success Manager to gain this data and create the appropriate segments and messaging to those users.
- To achieve the objective, you’re able to: Thoughtfully architect and implement automated messages (email drip campaigns, website bot messaging, in-app messaging) that convey Rebilly’s value to our trial users and encourage them to 1) activate their trial and 2) convert to paid users.
- Results: Increased trial activation rate, increased trial user -> paid user conversion rate.
OBJECTIVE # 3: Increase marketing effectiveness and ROI by implementing “testing and optimization” on all marketing channels
- Potential obstacles: We don’t know what we don’t know - this objective essentially is the definition of trial and error.
- To achieve the objective, you’re able to: Think strategically through Rebilly’s multi-channel marketing efforts and suggest proactive and reactionary tests to optimize our marketing.
- Results: Increased marketing ROI
OBJECTIVE # 4: Think creatively about other ways to monetize the Rebilly product, our network, lead list, and/or our assets
- Potential obstacles: Dependent on the project, resources could be an obstacle.
- To achieve the objective, you’re able to: Use your creativity to brainstorm other revenue streams for Rebilly outside the monetization of our own product.
- Results: Increased revenues.
Initial 30 minute culture interview, advances to:
- “Stop. Start. Continue” project: We’ll send our highest converting landing page (where many of our leads convert from) and a Google Doc with the current content in our Indoctrination + Nurture series - the email drip campaign that new users receive over the first week or two after becoming a Rebilly lead. Reading through that should take less than 20 minutes. After reading through the content, spend no more than 1 hour answering the following prompts: What in our current indoctrination and nurture process should we 1) Stop, 2) Start, and 3) Continue? We’re looking to see the logic in your recommendations. This will advance to:
- Extended interview (1-1.5 hrs) to review project, how this role would impact Rebilly, and what it’s like to work at Rebilly.
Working at Rebilly
Rebilly offers a competitive salary, training and development, birthday lunches, and provides the computer of your choosing. Our Austin team is set up as a fully remote/WFH environment, meeting occasionally for lunch, happy hour, or to co-work.
Rebilly is a Teal Organization, meaning our organizational structure may differ than what you’re used to, but we think you’ll be pleasantly surprised. In a very tiny nutshell, this means that as an organization we value self-management, self-organization, as well as the wholeness of the individuals that make up our team (meaning you should be yourself at work and do work that inspires you.) You can read more about it here
Rebilly is subscription billing software created to maximize customer lifetime value. We make it easy for even the most complex businesses to get the most profit possible from every single customer. Rebilly’s comprehensive feature set is built to help our merchants get more of their customers from the order form to the thank you page, and more renewals paid.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.