ReadMe is looking for a Growth Engineer to join our team. We're a small team of humans (and one owl) working together to do big things, and we’re growing! That’s where you come in. The role requires programming (mostly frontend, bit of backend) in addition to a creative mindset around hitting our growth goals.
🦉 What We Do
ReadMe helps companies build beautiful, personalized, and interactive developer hubs. We love what we do because it’s so much more than just docs. We’re providing tools for teams to create and manage beautiful documentation with ease. Last year, we raised a Series A
led by Accel, which we’re pretty excited about!
✅ What You’ll Do Here
- Lead the development of A/B tests large and small across marketing and product, optimize on-page SEO, and run Marketing Operations, to name a few.
- Help grow a community of humans (and the aforementioned one owl) that's passionate about crafting beautiful developer experiences.
- Run technical initiatives that grow and scale ReadMe.
- Grow the customer base of a documentation platform that redefines the way people consume APIs and documentation.
💙 You’ll Love This Job if You Are…
- Passionate about growing a product people love.
- A programmer with previous professional experience.
- Up to date with the latest web technologies.
- Understanding that roles are flexible; willing to take on new opportunities as ReadMe grows!
🌱 How You’ll Grow
Within one month, you’ll...
- Get your local development environment set up and running.
- Work on smaller features and bug fixes in production code.
- Work with Marketing on building small A/B tests.
Within three months, you’ll...
- Build out A/B tests within our sign-up flow to improve conversion.
- Manage marketing operations and setup marketing automation tools.
- Own all development on our main marketing site, readme.com.
Within six months, you’ll...
- Build out a referral program for ReadMe.
- Produce methods for us to measure health of customers over their lifetime.
- Improve onboarding flows based on data analysis.
🛣 What’s the Hiring Process Like?
- We can’t wait to read your resume and (hopefully personality-filled) cover letter! Let us know what excites you about the role, and help us get to know you better!
- If we think we might be a good fit for you, we’ll set up a phone chat! We’ll tell you more about the role, and get a chance to hear about your experiences.
- Then we’ll set you up on a call with Jonathan, our Head of Marketing to discuss the role in more detail.
- Next will be a 45 minute coding test with one of our engineers (we use CoderPad for this).
- Then we’ll invite you to our office for an onsite interview! We start with lunch with the engineering team so you can get to know the people you’ll be working with, and then have you meet with people one on one in the afternoon.
- We’ll let you know how things went within a week! If it still seems like a good fit all around, we’ll extend you an offer! If not, we will update you to let you know so you aren’t left hanging.