ReadMe is on the hunt for its first full-time Product Designer! For us, User Experience comes first. We're looking for a designer with a strong focus on developer UX, a good eye for visual design, some understanding of programming and a dash of whimsy.
ReadMe powers the developer hubs of thousands of companies, so a clean design that can fit into any brand is a must. We are working to translate paragraphs of text into rich, interactive experiences, so experience with UX design is just as important as making it look pretty!
Documentation gets a bad rap sometimes... rather than thinking of it as unexciting static paragraphs of text, we see it as an opportunity to build usable, delightful experiences to help people trying to solve problems.
Since we're a small company, you'll have a huge impact... possibly the biggest impact of any job we're hiring for. Design is important to us, and we want to invest heavily in it!
- Owning all of the design elements of ReadMe
- Taking new products from conception to pixel-perfect designs
- Working with customers to understand pain points
- Add a bit of fun whenever possible!
- Some html/css experience
- Experience at early stage startups
- Experience with developer tools
- A love of owls!