ReadMe is looking for a Full Stack Engineer to join our team. We're a small team of humans (and one owl) working together to do big things, and we’re growing! That’s where you come in. The role requires both frontend (Angular/React) and backend (Node.js) programming. Having a good sense of product and design is vital.
🦉 What We Do
ReadMe helps companies build beautiful, personalized, and interactive developer hubs. We love what we do because it’s so much more than just docs. We’re providing tools for teams to create and manage beautiful documentation with ease. Last year, we raised a Series A
led by Accel, which we’re pretty excited about!
✅ What You’ll Do Here
- Own major feature development. You'll lead the development of syncing OpenAPI specifications from GitHub, creating easy onboarding flows and new integrations, to name a few.
- Help grow a community of humans (and the aforementioned one owl) that's passionate about crafting beautiful developer experiences.
- Run technical initiatives that grow and scale ReadMe.
- Build a documentation platform that redefines the way people consume APIs and documentation.
💙 You’ll Love This Job if You Are…
- Passionate about making products that people love.
- A programmer with previous professional experience.
- Up to date with the latest web technologies.
- Understanding that roles are flexible; willing to take on new opportunities as ReadMe grows!
🌱 How You’ll Grow
Within one month, you’ll...
- Get your local development environment set up and running.
- Work on smaller features and bug fixes in production code.
- Be involved in planning meetings for upcoming features.
Within three months, you’ll...
- Pick up larger tasks with direction and support from other team members.
- Review code written by others with confidence, applying best practices along the way.
- Give demos of built features to other teams in the company.
Within six months, you’ll...
- Guide internal initiatives for technical improvements to the codebase.
- Run new major feature development, from planning to implementation.
- Advise other team members on architectural decisions based on your expertise.
🛣 What’s the Hiring Process Like?
- We can’t wait to read your resume and (hopefully personality-filled) cover letter! Let us know what excites you about the role, and help us get to know you better!
- If we think we might be a good fit for you, we’ll set up a phone chat! We’ll tell you more about the role, and get a chance to hear about your experiences.
- Next will be a 45 minute coding test with one of our engineers (we use CoderPad for this).
- Then we’ll invite you to our office for an onsite interview! We start with lunch with the engineering team so you can get to know the people you’ll be working with, and then have you meet with people one on one in the afternoon.
- We’ll let you know how things went within a week! If it still seems like a good fit all around, we’ll extend you an offer! If not, we will update you to let you know so you aren’t left hanging.