RAID Studios is looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated Esports Host to join our Esports Team who will be working on the game Heavy Metal Machines.
What you'll be doing:
- On-air Broadcasts - You'll be the face of Heavy Metal Machines esports in Europe, Russia and Turkey. This means you'll be part of our on-air broadcast team, building an exciting experience for our viewers.
- Written and Video Content - You'll create written and pre-recorded video content for our players to engage them in Heavy Metal Machines esports. You'll also help to deliver major game updates and patches in a fun and easily understood way through video.
- Live Events - You'll host live events across the territory, creating a safe and fun environment for our professional players while delivering hype and knowledge to our audience.
What you'll need:
- Esports In Your Blood - You live and breath esports. Ideally, you'll have attended live events as a fan, or even better, you've worked at them. You have a favourite team (or teams) and proudly rep their kit.
- A Feedback Mindset - You are as good at giving constructive and timely feedback as you are at receiving it. You recognise that constructive feedback is essential and understand the differences between feedback and criticism.
- Shoutcasting Experience - You've got a repertoire of past broadcasts under your belt, across a variety of games. You're well connected and have been receiving feedback to help you grow your skills.
- Availability to Travel - We'll be hosting events around Europe and you'll be required to attend these events as part of your role.
- Social Savvy Skills - You can easily navigate your way around Twitter, Facebook, Twitch, Instagram, Discord and Reddit. You understand the culture of these sites, and how to interact with people that use them.
Nice to have:
- Interview Host Experience - Ideally you'll have interviewed others on a live stream, podcast or at an event. You understand how to make the interviewee comfortable and how to direct a positive dialogue.
- Comfort Onscreen - You don't shy away from a camera, whether for stills or live streams you have the confidence to talk directly to our players.
- Office Environment Experience - You'll have worked in a formal office environment before and have a good understanding of what that entails.