R2 Air Transportation Systems Corporation (R2AIR) believes in a future where all aircraft, big and small, fly themselves, are everywhere, and are available to everyone. We are a team of mission-driven engineers with experience in aviation, space, robotics and self-driving cars aggressively working to make this future a reality.
R2AIR is seeking to hire a full-time Flight Software Engineer. The position will be located at our facility in Mountain View, California and report directly to the VP of Engineering.
- Work with peers to establish requirements for flight software
- Work with peers to define software and system architecture
- Design and implement simple and reliable flight software
- Write comprehensive unit tests
- Test software in simulation, hardware-in-loop and flight
- 4-year college degree in computer science or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years experience developing C++ for embedded, high-performance or other critical applications
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Previous experience working in a DO-178 environment
- Previous experience shipping a product
- Thorough understanding of computer architecture, operating systems and networking
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Thorough attention to detail
- Must be willing to travel up to 10% of the time
R2AIR is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with R2AIR is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.