R2 Air Transportation Systems Corporation (R2AIR) believes in a future where all aircraft, big and small, fly themselves, are everywhere, and are available to everyone. We are a team of mission-driven engineers with experience in aviation, space, robotics and self-driving cars aggressively working to make this future a reality.
R2AIR is seeking to hire a full-time Flight Operations Lead. The position will be initially located at our facility in Mountain View, California with significant responsibilities at our future airport facility. The position will report directly to the VP of Operations.
- Lead aircraft modification effort and develop flight operations
- Lead certification of aircraft in both Experimental and Supplemental Type Certificate efforts
- Interface with the FAA on all matters of flight operations and engineering
- Hiring and leading flight operations team including pilots and technicians
- Develop and administer FAA-approved safety and maintenance programs
- Technical Aviation or Bachelor of Science Degree
- 7+ years aviation and operations experience
- Experience creating a maintenance organization or 5+ years direct maintenance or modification experience
- Pilot/aircrew working relationship experience
- Ground and flight test planning and execution experience
- Safety program development experience
Preferred Skills and Experience
- FAA-issued Airframe (A&P) certificate
- Fixed Base Operator or FAR-145 experience
- Experience with DO-160 and DO-178
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Thorough attention to detail
- Must be willing to travel up to 50% of the time
R2AIR is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with R2AIR is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.