Reliable Robotics believes aircraft should fly themselves. Highly reliable robotic aviation systems will enable a future where air transportation is more available, more affordable, and fundamentally transformative to the way goods--and eventually people--move around the planet. As an engineer at Reliable Robotics you will work with a team of mission-driven engineers with experience across aviation, space, robotics and self-driving cars to make this future a reality.
Reliable Robotics is seeking to hire a full-time Flight Operations Engineer. The position will be initially located at our facility in Mountain View, California with significant responsibilities at our future airport facility. The position will report directly to the VP of Operations.
- Lead aircraft modification effort and develop flight operations
- Lead certification of aircraft in both Experimental and Supplemental Type Certificate efforts
- Interface with the FAA on all matters of flight operations and engineering
- Hiring and leading flight operations team including pilots and technicians
- Develop and administer FAA-approved safety and maintenance programs
- Technical Aviation or Bachelor of Science Degree
- 7+ years aviation and operations experience.
- Maintenance experience and flight test experience
- Pilot/aircrew and flight test experience.
- Safety program development experience
Preferred Skills and Experience
- FAA-issued Airframe (A&P) certificate
- Fixed Base Operator or FAR-145 experience
- Experience with DO-160 and DO-178
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Must be willing to travel up to 50% of the time