R2 Air Transportation Systems Corporation (R2AIR) believes in a future where all aircraft, big and small, fly themselves, are everywhere, and are available to everyone. We are a team of mission-driven engineers with experience in aviation, space, robotics and self-driving cars aggressively working to make this future a reality.
R2AIR is seeking to hire a full-time Avionics Hardware Development Engineer. The position will be located at our facility in Mountain View, California and report directly to the VP of Engineering.
- Provide engineering expertise in the design, development and test of avionics hardware for autonomous aircraft
- Subsystem design and prototyping, schematic capture, prototype bring-up and debugging, hardware bug tracking, functional verification and signal characterization
- Support product development all the way through development up to production and test
- 4-year college degree in electrical, computer engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of professional experience developing hardware in a fast-paced, commercial/consumer environment
- Professional experience developing CPU-based circuit cards, consumer electronics, wireless devices, and/or low power platforms
- Professional experience in analog to digital and digital to analog converters, operational amplifiers, power supply components and design, analog testing/troubleshooting techniques, and signal integrity, layout and grounding principles
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Advanced degree in electrical engineering or computer engineering
- 5+ years of board level experience designing hardware from concept through production with strong emphasis on new hardware systems
- Previous experience shipping product
- Strong understanding of computers and programming languages (C/C++, Python)
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Thorough attention to detail
- Must be willing to travel up to 10% of the time
R2AIR is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with R2AIR is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.