R2 Air Transportation Systems Corporation (R2AIR) believes in a future where all aircraft, big and small, fly themselves, are everywhere, and are available to everyone. We are a team of mission-driven engineers with experience in aviation, space, robotics and self-driving cars aggressively working to make this future a reality.
R2AIR is seeking to hire a full-time Guidance, Navigation and Control (GN&C) Engineer. The position will be located at our facility in Mountain View, California and report directly to the VP of Engineering.
- Work with peers to establish requirements for flight control system
- Source, select and analyze flight sensors
- Design and implement flight control algorithms
- Develop flight simulation programs
- Test control algorithms in simulation, hardware-in-loop and flight
- 4-year college degree in aerospace engineering, robotics or equivalent field
- 5+ years previous experience developing flight dynamics simulators and/or flight control algorithms
- 2 or more years professional experience with C++
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Preferred Skills and Experience
- MS or PhD in aerospace engineering, robotics or equivalent field
- Must be willing to travel up to 10% of the time
R2AIR is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with R2AIR is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.