Reliable Robotics believes aircraft should fly themselves. Highly reliable robotic aviation systems will enable a future where air transportation is more available, more affordable, and fundamentally transformative to the way goods--and eventually people--move around the planet. As an engineer at Reliable Robotics you will work with a team of mission-driven engineers with experience across aviation, space, robotics and self-driving cars to make this future a reality.
Reliable Robotics is seeking to hire a full-time Lead Aircraft Technician. The position will be initially located at our facility in Mountain View, California with significant responsibilities at our airport facility. The position will report directly to the head of flight operations.
- Perform routine and non-routine maintenance to ensure aircraft readiness.
- Perform aircraft modifications.
- Keep aircraft maintenance and modification records up-to-date and accurate.
- Perform pre- and post-flight inspections.
- Tow, taxi and perform run ups in accordance with applicable standards and procedures.
- Ensure shop premises are maintained in a clean and orderly manner.
- Ensure compliance with all FARs, Operations Specifications, Company Policies, and Company Procedures.
- FAA-issued Airframe (A&P) certificate.
- 5+ years operations and small aircraft maintenance experience.
- General airframe installation and bracket fabrication experience.
- Experience fabricating and modifying wire harnesses and pinning aerospace connectors.
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintenance experience with piston engine aircraft.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Fixed Base Operator or FAR-145 experience.
- Experience with the fabrication of test fixtures.
- Maintenance experience with turboprop and jet engine engine aircraft.
- Private or commercial pilot ratings.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be willing to travel up to 50% of the time.