R2 Air Transportation Systems Corporation (R2AIR) believes in a future where all aircraft, big and small, fly themselves, are everywhere, and are available to everyone. We are a team of mission-driven engineers with experience in aviation, space, robotics and self-driving cars aggressively working to make this future a reality.
R2AIR is seeking to hire a full-time Mechanical Engineer. The position will be located at our facility in Mountain View, California and report directly to the VP of Engineering.
- Work with peers to design, source and install mechanical systems as part of the modification effort for aircraft autonomy
- Select and manage third-party vendor and part suppliers
- Ensure quality and specification requirements for components are met
- Work with peers during hardware-in-loop and flight testing
- 4-year college degree in mechanical or aeronautical engineering
- 5+ years professional experience developing mechanical systems
- Solid experience with current CAD packages
- Experience in innovative system designs
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Previous experience shipping product
- Previous experience on large project performing mechanical design and delivery
- Previous experience with aircraft or other safety-critical mechanical systems
- Flight and/or ground test familiarity or experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Thorough attention to detail
- Must be willing to travel up to 10% of the time
R2AIR is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with R2AIR is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.