IMG is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected statuses as required by applicable law.
As one of the world's top International Medical Insurance companies, IMG helps individuals and companies of all sizes. Every second of every day, vacationers, those working or living abroad for short or extended periods, people traveling frequently between countries, and those who maintain multiple countries of residence use our products to give themselves global peace of mind®
We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for travelers.
The Manager, International Workers Comp will be responsible for the day to day operations of the Work Comp department for AkesoCare. This position interfaces with multiple internal departments, finance, sales / marketing, and all necessary project teams, as well as communicates with all external clients and customers regarding the service elements for the department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and monitor effectiveness of products, seek client and staff input in new product development, seek client and staff input in monitoring effectiveness of products.
- Develop, implement, monitor and maintain reporting requirements of clients.
- Develops, performs, and revises quality audits of data entry performed by the team.
- Develops, performs, and revises quality audits of phone calls made by the team.
- Conduct annual performance reviews with individual staff members, develop and implement performance plans or deficiency improvement plans.
- Prepare training plans for new staff members, monitor training needs of current staff members and ensure that appropriate training or education is obtained.
- Works with the VP of Operations to implement corrective action plans.
- Performs job responsibilities of the DBA team, when necessary
- Communicates with other members of team as needed and ensure that information is shared appropriately.
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy of all protected health information.
- Remain current on regulations and legislation that affect utilization review and workers compensation functions.
- Completes all impairment assessments.
- Continue education through relevant reading materials, online courses and/or seminars.
- Support and participate in Quality Management activities.
- Utilize clinical support tools as indicated.
- Develop client and potential client relationships.
- Serve as main client contact, maintaining client satisfaction, performing account management functions.
- Oversees work comp bill review products.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the Case Management standards established by URAC and any applicable state or federal regulations as appropriate for job duties.
- Report/document complaints when/if received.
- Manage competing priorities and multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Effectively uses computer software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and the Internet
- Participate in relevant professional organizations.
- Any other job duties or tasks as assigned.
- Active Registered Nurse license for the state of Indiana
- Minimum two (2) years hospital-based experience providing direct patient care
- Minimum two (2) years supervisory experience in Worker's Comp area
- Client management experience
- Experience in utilization review and case management functions
- Experience using medical criteria as an aid to decision making
- Good computer skills including familiarity with the Internet, Word, and Excel
- Minimum two (2) years workers compensation experience in an industrial setting
- Minimum two (2) years disability/workers compensation case management experience
- Bilingual - Proficient verbal and written communication skills in a foreign language (including but not limited to Spanish, Portuguese, Mandarin, and or French) a plus but not required
- Excellent computer skills, including database knowledge
- Experience with auditing medical charts against itemized medical bills
- Member of an appropriate professional association
- Office environment setting
- Able to work comfortably in a desk environment
- 90+% of the time spent sitting, doing keyboard entry and utilizing a mouse.
- Comprehensive benefits package including Medical/RX/Dental/Vision insurance
- 401k Plan with company match
- On site fitness center
- Casual dress environment
- Tuition reimbursement plan
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran's status.
Applicants with a disability or a disabled veteran may request a reasonable accommodation if he/she is unable or limited in his/her ability to access job openings or apply for a job on our website as a result of his/her disability. The applicant may request reasonable accommodations by contacting us at 317.340.4154.