About the Company
Powerside is a leading end-to-end provider of Power Quality solutions. The Company aims to fundamentally change the power quality market, which though very large @$40B annually and growing, is complex and confusing, for most customers to navigate.
Our product range extends from the PQube™, the most capable and cost-effective power analyzer on the market, to a full range of low and medium voltage correction equipment. To date, we have deployed 50,000+ monitoring solutions and delivered 5,000+ correction projects in over 50 countries. We are proud to count many of the world leading companies, including dozens from the Fortune 500, as our customers.
The Company’s focus is on Power Intelligence. Power Intelligence is a significant step above the traditional world of Power Quality. Companies today need to anticipate problems before they affect their power equipment and manufacturing processes. Having accurate data that pinpoints power issues in real-time avoids costly downtime, increased energy, and operating costs. Analyzing data and correcting power quality issues before the problems occur are key. This is what Powerside Power Intelligence™ solutions are all about. We have facilities in Alameda, California, and in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
We provide a competitive compensation package with healthcare and retirement plans. Also, all our employees share in the success of our company through a stock option plan.
The Role: Technical Support Engineer, Alameda, California
Do you have a sharp mind for analyzing power quality and energy data, solving electrical power installation and design problems and thinking outside the box? Powerside is looking for a self-starter with excellent written and oral communications skills to fulfill the role of Technical Support Engineer. This position provides pre and post-sale technical support for power quality energy meters and correction equipment, protective relays, software and communication products. You will become intimately knowledgeable with our products and use your expertise to educate our customers to understand and solve their power quality problems.
- Provide technical support for power quality monitoring and correction equipment to our global partners and customers
- Troubleshoot and diagnose customer technical issues over the phone and respond to emails in an accurate and timely manner
- Maintain and update customer cases in our CRM ticketing system (Log, Open and Close tickets to resolution)
- Perform hardware and software testing to duplicate customer issues
- Work closely with our engineers to investigate and resolve customer issues
- Analyze power quality and energy measurements to provide our partners and customers with solutions and recommendations
- Identify and communicate customer's needs and sales opportunities to help future growth
- Assist with the composition and implementation of technical documentation and training
- Perform other customer related duties as needed
- Travel may be required
Requirements for the role
- Basic understanding of electrical power distribution systems, applications and design
- Strong analysis and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical users
- Strong customer service skills and aptitude are a must
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills
- Prior technical support, sales engineering and/or field support experience
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Software, Computing Engineering or equivalent work experience is preferred
Following are not required, but would be a plus
- Basic understanding of power quality and correction concepts
- Basic knowledge of networking protocols (e.g. Modbus TCP, BACnet/IP, SNMP, etc.)
Qualities.. We are looking for someone who
- Thrives in a constant evolving and growing environment
- Is autonomous and analytical with the ability to problem-solve
- Is very curious
- Loves team work
- Demonstrates accuracy and attention to detail
- Has the ability to communicate concisely and clearly both orally and in writing
- And has a sense of initiative, energy, and enthusiasm
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran's status.
Applicants with a disability or a disabled veteran may request a reasonable accommodation if he/she is unable or limited in his/her ability to access job openings or apply for a job on our website as a result of his/her disability. The applicant may request reasonable accommodations by contacting us at 317.340.4154.