Words matter. Whether you’re writing marketing copy, product content, knowledge bases, or employee handbooks, the goal is the same: to have clear, consistent, and on-brand content that educates, informs, and delights your readers. Everybody in an organization writes, but not everyone is a professional writer, nor can they all be expected to write with the same level of consistency, voice, and tone. Qordoba solves this problem by helping teams write clear, consistent, and on-brand content at scale. Companies such as Marriott, Braintree, and Postmates use Qordoba to create better content up to 90% faster than before.
Founded in 2015 and backed by Upfront Ventures and Aspect Ventures, Qordoba is headquartered in the heart of San Francisco. Named one of Forbes’ Cloud 100 Rising Stars in 2018, we are a team of innovative thinkers who are committed to hiring people who demonstrate our company values: Connect, Challenge, Own.
We’re looking for extraordinary colleagues to join us as we help organizations master the content they write.
About the role:
We’re looking for a Senior Product Marketing Manager to own product messaging and positioning strategy for Qordoba. You’ll develop a deep understanding of our products, customers, competition, and industry and will craft messaging and positioning that educates the market and establishes a leading position for Qordoba. This is a critical role on the marketing team and will report to our VP of Marketing.
You will be a successful candidate if you are a storyteller at heart, with the ability to unravel the needs of the market to communicate what Qordoba does in a compelling way. Your job will involve directly working with our product team and founders to define the messaging, customer targeting, and value proposition for our Content Intelligence platform. Your work will capture the attention and imaginations of content strategists at the world’s most exciting brands, and help them transform content into a competitive advantage.
Put simply, you’ll be in charge of developing product messages that compel people to buy. For a product marketing professional, there’s no better way to enhance your career and have major impact than helping us establish a new category.
Define target personas, ICPs (ideal customer profiles), target verticals/industries, and message mapping.
- Create product positioning and messaging for Qordoba’s product, across multiple use cases.
- Own the product marketing messaging on our website.
- Create sales tools and collateral including presentations, data sheets, case studies, demo videos, ROI calculators, and FAQs, with near term emphasis on creating product marketing assets to assist with late stage sales opportunities.
- Perform ongoing market research and articulate competitive differentiators to internal teams and customers.
- Serve as a subject matter expert to help the sales, marketing, and customer success organizations articulate Qordoba’s platform features and benefits to our customers.
- Be an expert on our customers, their pain-points, and criteria for buying Qordoba.
- Develop product launch plans and execute communication plans for new product releases.
- Enable customer/market-facing/field teams (Sales, SDRs, Customer Success, partners, etc) by training them on the latest product features, competitive intelligence and key differentiators to articulate product positioning and advantages.
- Manage our analyst relations program.
- Support other marketing activities as needed.
At least 2-5 years in a B2B SaaS product marketing role, and at least 6 years of total work experience.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills - must have experience crafting and evangelizing product messages, developing creative product marketing content and be comfortable presenting to customers and sales teams alike.
- Left brain/right brain: You’re creative and a great writer, but are also data focused in your decision making process.
- Strong storytelling skills with the ability to distill the complex into concepts everyone can understand and evangelize.
- Organizational skills and personal drive to manage projects with tight deadlines effectively.
- Proven success working cross-functionally with customer success, engineering, design and product.
- Confident, dynamic self-starter who needs minimal guidance.
- Ability to build programs from scratch with a positive attitude and willingness to roll up your sleeves.
- You’re excited about Qordoba’s mission: to help everyone at a company write with the same style, terminology, and brand voice.
- MBA preferred but not required.
Perks & benefits:
At Qordoba, we don’t spend frivolously, but we do take care of our own. Besides smart, sincere colleagues and a vibrant work environment, and the opportunity to build the next breakout SaaS company, here are some of the perks and benefits we are proud to offer:
- Employer-covered medical plans, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Competitive parental leave policy (parents actually work here!)
- Generous PTO
- Learning and development stipend
- Fitness membership
- Company stock options
- 401k plan with employer matching
- Catered lunches
- Ergonomic desks
- Fully-stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks
- All the coffee and kombucha you can imagine
- Team-building events, off-sites, and happy hours
- Light-filled workspace that encourages collaboration and innovation
- Office located in the heart of SF, walking distance from BART and public transportation
- $200 per month for your commute
- Flexible schedule options
- And more!
Qordoba is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. Qordoba does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.