Words matter. Whether you’re writing marketing copy, product content, knowledge bases, or employee handbooks, the goal is the same: to have clear, consistent, and on-brand content. Everybody in an organization writes, but not everyone is a professional writer, nor can they all be expected to write with the same level of consistency, voice, and tone. Qordoba solves the problem of writing clear, consistent, and on-brand content at scale. Companies such as Marriott, Braintree, and Postmates use Qordoba to create better content up to 90% faster than before.
Founded in 2015 and backed by Upfront Ventures and Aspect Ventures, Qordoba is headquartered in the heart of San Francisco. Named one of Forbes’ Cloud 100 Rising Stars in 2018, we are a team of innovative thinkers who are committed to hiring people who demonstrate our company values: Connect, Challenge, Own.
We’re looking for extraordinary colleagues to join us as we help organizations master the content they write.
About the role:
We are looking for an entrepreneurial Sales Development Manager to lead our growing team of SDRs. The Sales Development Manager will drive the strategy to break down doors within the enterprise tech, pharma and financial industries; developing the top of our sales funnel. Our ideal candidate is a coach at heart who will create a thriving team culture; working side-by-side sharing best practices.
- Strategize: Develop the vision and strategy for the sales development team, manage day-to-day operations, with a focus on performance of key Outbound metrics. Build a world-class playbook for effective prospecting and outbound email.
- Lead: Inspire, motivate and enable personal and career development of a world-class Sales Development team, both to promote career growth and to increase impact for Qordoba. Provide onboarding and continuous training for SDRs to help them meet their individual goals.
- Recruit: Identify, interview, and hire sales development talent and continually raise the bar with each new hire.
- Collaborate: Work closely with sales and marketing to continuously improve the volume and quality of leads prospected by SDRs. Work cross-functionally to establish scalable processes to manage and drive world-class pipeline conversions.
- Analyze: Build an effective analytics framework to identify trends and drive improvements. Analyze and report on key metrics and forecasts to senior management.
Experience and background:
- 2+ years experience doing data-driven, email-focused sales development, and building teams as a manager
- BA/BS degree and 3-5 years relevant work experience
- Experience selling an enterprise or mid-market SaaS product. (Martech experience a plus)
- Experience exceeding goals in a quota carrying, prospecting, and/or closing solutions sales role
- Demonstrated ability to be an inspirational leader, including building and maintaining a strong team culture and morale
- Deep understanding of outbound sales prospecting across segments
- Experience developing sales tools including sales scripts, qualifications, and objection handling
- Experience working with analytics and reporting data to leadership teams
- Passion for mentoring, coaching, motivating, and training your team
- Positive competitive attitude that celebrates all successes
- Comfortable working in ambiguous environments
- Self-motivated and have a proven track record of working autonomously to hit quota
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Operational mindset to improve the process of prospecting & lead generation
- Experience with Salesforce.com and lead qualification and prospecting-related applications
- Experience using Outreach Pro and Discover.org
Perks & benefits:
At Qordoba, we don’t spend frivolously, but we do take care of our own. Besides smart, sincere colleagues and a vibrant work environment, and the opportunity to build the next breakout SaaS company, here are some of the perks and benefits we are proud to offer:
- Employer-covered medical plans, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Competitive parental leave policy (parents actually work here!)
- Generous PTO
- Learning and development stipend
- Fitness membership
- Company stock options
- 401k plan with employer matching
- Catered lunches
- Ergonomic desks
- Fully-stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks
- All the coffee and kombucha you can imagine
- Team-building events, off-sites, and happy hours
- Light-filled workspace that encourages collaboration and innovation
- Office located in the heart of SF, walking distance from BART and public transportation
- $200 per month for your commute
- Flexible schedule options
- And more!
Qordoba is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. Qordoba does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.